American Combat Karate

D

Disco

Just read a three (3) page adverisement in Black Belt Magazine on a "New" system - American Combat Karate. It centers around a man named Dale Comstock. It lists many of his Spec Ops records, where he fought etc. Anybody have any info on either this style or the man?

OP
S

SteelShadow

Yes I have some info on the style.It isnt new its been around since 1978 The founder is Master Tommy .H.Ledbetter.I studied under him myself I have my third dan/Instructorship in A.C.K And am a member of The A.C.K assoc.Do you have any other info on this gentleman a web site or email?I would love to contact him.
Me and Master Tommy are still great friends and I would like to know where he got his cetification in that style.As I have not heard of him before.Not saying he isnt legit just curious is all.I see Tommy on a semi regular basis and he has never mentioned him to me...Which I find strange.If theres anyother questions you may have on the style let me know.I will do my best to answer them

OP
D

Disco

Sorry, don't have anything else except the magazine article. They, the company that's selling the system is from Visalia, Cal.
They do have an info number for sales, they mite be able to give you some info. 1-800-899-8153-Dept AK-21. The guy hawking these tapes is Bob Pierce. I guess he's the sales guru that thought this pitch up. In the article, they show pictures of Mr Comstock.

Now just for my own information, what in your opinion is the major difference between ACK and other styles.

OP
A

A.R.K.

I think there is a thread on this in the Karate section if I'm not mistaken.

;)

OP
D

Disco

Went to the Karate Thread and checked on your suggestion. The subject was American Karate, not the combat version. Thanks anyway for the info.

CGMWilling

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Sorry, don't have anything else except the magazine article. They, the company that's selling the system is from Visalia, Cal.
They do have an info number for sales, they mite be able to give you some info. 1-800-899-8153-Dept AK-21. The guy hawking these tapes is Bob Pierce. I guess he's the sales guru that thought this pitch up. In the article, they show pictures of Mr Comstock.

Now just for my own information, what in your opinion is the major difference between ACK and other styles.
If you have any questions, I have been a Chief instructor for American Combat Karate from 1975 to 1985 when I left the system and continued my studies with Tai-Zen where I studied with Howard Tague From 1976 when he taught the American Combat Karate Black Belts every other Tuesday while the American Combat Karate Black belt glasses we’re held on the alternating Tuesdays. I left Tai Zen as a fifth-degree black belt in 2005 and formed American Nihon jujitsu. I currently own and teach in my Huntington School on Jericho Turnpike. If you would like more information in regards to the different systems you can text me at 631-796-1474 and I will be happy to answer any of your questions. My website is American Nihon Jiu-Jitsu | Self Defense- The Right Way respectfully, Grandmaster Matt Willing

Last edited:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have any questions, I have been a Chief instructor for American Combat Karate from 1975 to 1985 when I left the system and continued my studies with Tai-Zen where I studied with Howard Tague From 1976 when he taught the American Combat Karate Black Belts every other Tuesday while the American Combat Karate Black belt glasses we’re held on the alternating Tuesdays. I left Tai Zen as a fifth-degree black belt in 2005 and formed American Nihon jujitsu. I currently own and teach in my Huntington School on Jericho Turnpike. If you would like more information in regards to the different systems you can text me at 631-796-1474 and I will be happy to answer any of your questions. My website is American Nihon Jiu-Jitsu | Self Defense- The Right Way respectfully, Grandmaster Matt Willing
The OP is from 2003, the other posters haven't been here for a while.

Latest Discussions