Amazing Taekwondo Moves Displayed

stonze

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

Amazing skills displayed in Korea in this Taekwondo dojo. Guy does a flip kick over 3 people and kicks the wooden board in half. Lots of amazing taekwondo and martial arts skills on display here. Women punch through sets of bricks, and more.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
S

stonze

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
i think so, but i'm not too sure, i just know that its in Korea

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Great Martial Artisits but how many people had to starve so that they could be so healthy?

If it is North Korea and I think that it is...What a horrible country...i wish that they all could be free instead of under that despotic regime...

If it is North Korea.... the video is sad really!

OP
S

stonze

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
i never knew it was like that in korea

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah this is North Korea. This vid has been around for awhile now. Pretty much what the Chinese Monks use to go out and demonstate back in the 70's.

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
Interesting video. Some very impressive stuff, and some "tricks." But overall impressive (I'd much rather see some great patterns, sparring, kicking, etc. than a lot of the more ... esoteric performance pieces, but that's just me.)

As for the NK Taekwon-Doin being "healthy," I don't know about that. Definitely more so than the general population, but the same is true for all of their international athletes. Does anyone think their Olympians are eating the same things as the general population? Or the military, for that matter. It's very sad, but it's also not easy for the athletes in the government programs. I've talked to a few people who have competed against the NK's at ITF WC's and officiated at the same events. If the NK's don't produce medals, preferrably gold, things don't go well for them. The same, I am sure, applies to all the NK athletes just like it did in other communist countries.

Pax,

Chris

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Pretty cool! I love doing combo board-breaks like they were doing early on. Our demo team does them, though not quite that flashy or acrobatic lol. Were those cement slabs later on? That seems pretty hardcore! The guy getting bos broke on him and hit with hammers was impressive, but at the same time that seems more like a magic trick than a martial arts move.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty cool! I love doing combo board-breaks like they were doing early on. Our demo team does them, though not quite that flashy or acrobatic lol. Were those cement slabs later on? That seems pretty hardcore! The guy getting bos broke on him and hit with hammers was impressive, but at the same time that seems more like a magic trick than a martial arts move.

They were not bo staffs. They were 2x2 pine. And when they're that long, they break really easily. As for the hammer... hit his hand ON the bricks and the outcome will be a little different.

That kind of crap isn't martial arts. It's theatrics. I lost interest when they stopped doing anything MA related.

Egon

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I dislike this kind of performing martial arts. Sure, this takes skills and time, and far from that I could do most of this stuff.

But it's kind of to theatrical for me. Martial arts performance that I would call great would be consisted of perfection in forms, technical skill in sparring, and realistic self defense moves.

By the way, does anyone know what kind of boards do they break? It seems to me those in the video breaks very easy.

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I agree. I can see the point in breaking a board to demonstrate speed and power, but when demonstration techniques are no longer martial arts related and / or deliberately misleading (such as the axe and hammer trick), then that's where I draw the line.

I've seen way better demonstrations of what Taekwondo actually is.

Gnarlie

OP
S

stonze

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
the hammer demonstration was crazy.. i thought that he was gonna get his entire arm chopped off lol

OP
S

stonze

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
your right.. i was just caught up in the moment, and when he used the hammer to hit the ax, i like jumped back a lil bit lol

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too many tricks, but some of the breaking was reasonably impressive.

OP
S

stonze

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
they put on a great display of skills