This is a TELESCOPING/ADJUSTABLE STOCK:

FH000009.jpg

Any other questions???

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. Do you know where I can get 150 round clips for my assault handgun with the folding telescoping stock?

OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This is AUTOMATIC FIRE:

This is SEMI-AUTOMATIC FIRE:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This is a MACHINE GUN:

Last edited by a moderator:

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Do clips go in magazines?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
No you pull the rounds (bullets) off the clip and then put them in the Mag. The clip just holds a preset amount of ammo. Makes it easier to count and load up.

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, do magazines come in standard sizes? Ie. 5, 10, 15 etc. or is it different per manufacturer?

OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Thanks, do magazines come in standard sizes? Ie. 5, 10, 15 etc. or is it different per manufacturer?

Depends on the weapon you are talking about. Manufacturers make magazines of various sizes.

Kong Soo Do

IKSDA Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. Do you know where I can get 150 round clips for my assault handgun with the folding telescoping stock?

That would be the Glock 9 which costs thousands of dollars...and...as we all know will pass through airport metal detectors :uhyeah:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, now everyone pay attention.

View attachment 17719
View attachment 17720

Now the next time some clueless type gets them backwards, point them here. If they still repeat the inaccuracy I'll personally infract them for trolling and change their status to "Pink Belt with Fuzzy Slippers"
:D

Thanks for the pics... I have a few more questions if you don't mind. Might sound silly, but I won't know if I don't ask.

1. In pic. 1 - Is the clip hanging out for picture purpose only, but would normally have a mag around it.

2. In pic 2. The clips is being fed through the top. Is that for picture purpose only or is the magazine being filled and the metal spine removed?

3. What is the practical purpose of having a certain size magazine. Is it purely for convenience or does it serve another purpose. eg. ROF

Thanks,

J

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
#3 larger magazine = less time between reloads.

1 & 2 I'll leave to more knowlegable folks than me. My last time at the range I tried loading a banana clip.....found out this wasn't what they meant.
;)

View attachment $banana_magazine.jpg
$Clip_370310_1464120.jpg

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Less time between reloads can make a difference between living and dying.

Take an example discussed on MT, of a then-11 year old American Kenpo student, whose home was invaded by four thugs looking for a "thrill kill". With her mother dying or perhaps dead from her stab wounds, and her own throat slit from ear to ear, she managed to bravely call 911. (On a brighter note, she has survived her ordeal, returned to school, and hopes to go to college. A local scholarship fund has been set up for her).

Based on studies performed on officer-involved shootings within the NYPD, in situations where the subject does not fire back, the officer's hit rate was 30 percent. In situations where the subject does fire back, the officer's hit rate drops to 18 percent.

In an armed home invasion scenario, how many invaders will be there? How many shots will be fired until the threat is stopped?

Sources:
http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/sh...Student-mother-murdered?p=1232770#post1232770
http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/517488-196/cout-documents-in-cates-murder-released.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/08/nyregion/08nypd.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloads/pdf/public_information/RAND_FirearmEvaluation.pdf

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks

Is there a youtube clip any one can reference showing the use of a clip? I've tried searching but couldn't find.

I get the magazine, but the clips seem to be used different ways and curious.

Latest Discussions