Alright!!! For the last @#$%^ time!

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is an M1 Garand; the video shows loading the clip, inserting it into the rifle, and the operation of the rifle including ejecting the empty clip.

[video=youtube_share;jVG_fWYD67o]http://youtu.be/jVG_fWYD67o[/video]

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I take it that the M1 may be an exception to the rule, or is there an internal magazine?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Now the next time some clueless type gets them backwards, point them here. If they still repeat the inaccuracy I'll personally infract them for trolling and change their status to "Pink Belt with Fuzzy Slippers"
:D

Magazines and clips are interchangeable! I went to a shooting range once, and got to put a clip into my glock! I heard that when you put the magazine into an revolver that it works better than if you put the bullets in individually! Theres a clip on my desk, and im using a magazine as a bookmark!

Can i be a pink belt with fuzzy slippers now? :bangahead:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, I take it that the M1 may be an exception to the rule, or is there an internal magazine?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Its an internal magazine. The magazine is the part of the rifle that holds the ammo while it is waiting to be fired. A magazine may or may not be detachable.

That particular example uses a bloc clip, the rounds are held together en bloc. Other rifles used what are called "stripper clips", where the rounds are held in a single-file line and stripped off the clip as they are loaded in to the magazine.

Then there's the revolver, which is named for its circular magazine which revolves as each round is fired. In the picture below, you'll see two groups of 6 bullets that are clustered together with a round piece of metal. This is called a "moon clip" (there are also "half moon clips), and it facilitates loading the bullets in to the the round magazine. These are often called "speedloaders", as it is much faster than inserting a round, spinning the magazine, inserting the round, spinning the magazine, etc. In this case, the moon clip is never enters the magazine, it just holds the rounds at the proper spacing so it they can all be inserted at once.

$M1917_revolver.jpg

Many semi-auto handguns (the sort that aren't revolvers) do not use clips at all, the user loads the rounds one at a time in to a magazine. There is quite a bit of variation!

OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score

How to load .223 from CLIPS into a MAGAZINE.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This is a CLIP being loaded into the internal, non-detectable, magazine of a 1903 Springfield.

OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This is me practicing and changing detachable magazines with a Glock. I like to practice with unknown number of bullets so that I cant count rounds. I also usually wear eye protection. Don't know why I forgot to put them on here. Im also typically faster/smoother...honest. :)

Latest Discussions