AAU National results

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well after a week of competition we are back home from it all. Here is the final total this year.

Yolanda Boricuatkd here on MT won silver in Olympic sparring and won a gold in point sparring

Zachary the oldest got a Bronze in point sparring and had one of the biggest brackets with 42 in Olympic and forms had a good showing but missed out in the medals rounds.

Caleb the middle was blanked out this year but had the time of his life.

Micheal the youngest won a bronze this year in point fighting after be blanked out last year so he came back stronger.

Jessica who is like my daughter won two silvers in both Olympic and point sparring.

We had the time of our life in Florida and the team loved the beaches and all the attractions.

Thanks

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats Terry!!! Sounds like everyone had a fantastic time!!!:ultracool:ultracool

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations to one and all - and welcome back, Terry!

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations Terry! After seeing how hard your team works and how big their hearts are I am not surprised at all.
icon14.gif

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I am curious, Master Stoker, for your take on the confusion between Junior Safety Rules vs Full Contact rules that I have read about on some other internet forums regarding the event. IE some people thought they were signed up for full contact divisions and had to pay an extra fee to be moved, at registration, when they were told that they were actually in a Junior Safety Rules group. Or those that even went out and fought thinking that they were in a FC group until they landed their first solid head shot and were advised at that time, by virtue of a kyongo, that they were in a JSR division.

That was the chief complaint that I heard about the event and I am just curious what were your thoughts on the issue or if any of your players were victims of the issue?

Skip Cooper

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Congratulations to all of your students.

From our school (Iron Dragon Martial Arts in Houston, TX): Chris Williams, Cornelious Lane, and Moises Morales took first place and Daryan Wilkerson took third place. Among our kids, Tyler White took third place.

I was unable to join them in Florida, but I was there in spirit. Everyone had fun in Florida while it rained all week in Houston!

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am curious, Master Stoker, for your take on the confusion between Junior Safety Rules vs Full Contact rules that I have read about on some other internet forums regarding the event. IE some people thought they were signed up for full contact divisions and had to pay an extra fee to be moved, at registration, when they were told that they were actually in a Junior Safety Rules group. Or those that even went out and fought thinking that they were in a FC group until they landed their first solid head shot and were advised at that time, by virtue of a kyongo, that they were in a JSR division.

That was the chief complaint that I heard about the event and I am just curious what were your thoughts on the issue or if any of your players were victims of the issue?

Really for ue there was no confusen we all do FC and I really did not hear that many complaints. Now there was alot of penalty giving but that is expected with JSR in play.

Latest Discussions