02/02/08 Results

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well today was long for the team we had the first tournament of the year and it ws a blast. We only took 8 competitors do to the fact it was continous point with weeps and leg kicks.

Here is the rundown

Zachary won two golds
Michael won gold and silver
Caleb won Bronze and Bronze

Well that is enough from a father. The rest ot the team did great as well

Jessica double Gold
Rebecca Double silver
Jesus double silver 14 red and fought BB's do to they had no one for him so he did great.
Jose silver= Bronze
Mr William Gold and got DQ for hitting to hard in a everything goes matched.

Not bad for a day.

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well today was long for the team we had the first tournament of the year and it ws a blast. We only took 8 competitors do to the fact it was continous point with weeps and leg kicks.

Here is the rundown

Zachary won two golds
Michael won gold and silver
Caleb won Bronze and Bronze

Well that is enough from a father. The rest ot the team did great as well

Jessica double Gold
Rebecca Double silver
Jesus double silver 14 red and fought BB's do to they had no one for him so he did great.
Jose silver= Bronze
Mr William Gold and got DQ for hitting to hard in a everything goes matched.

Not bad for a day.

I hate it when that happens!
Congrats to everyone!! :D

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations to all the competitors, and their proud instructor:highfive:

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Terry that is awesome but having seen how hard
your group works it is not surprising at all!

Tell everyone congratulations!
icon14.gif

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thank you everyone, just remember they have to go out in do it day in and day out they deserve it all and for me I'm just proud of al of them.

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
That sounds great, congratulations on your kids and the school.

But, I have one small question, very small. So, uh, Terry, I just have to ask this. If Mr. William was in an "EVERYTHING GOES" match, how could he be DQed for hitting too hard? I mean, if everything goes then doesn't that mean, uh, everything goes? It's a little confusing.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That sounds great, congratulations on your kids and the school.

But, I have one small question, very small. So, uh, Terry, I just have to ask this. If Mr. William was in an "EVERYTHING GOES" match, how could he be DQed for hitting too hard? I mean, if everything goes then doesn't that mean, uh, everything goes? It's a little confusing.

He won his for matched and then had ro fight the GM srudent, his student keep running, the head judge was also the tournament Director and called the match for excessive forxe and then moved him down to 4th place instead of second. I have it on video and was I get it down loaded I will post it. His tournament his rules he can cjange wharever they want. He ask him to apologies and my BB said no and then they ask him to leave. He said everything goes goin strikes and kicks to the legs vut exc essive force will not be tolerated. So in essent he just hit to hard.

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Terry. Years ago I was in a tournament in Vancouver BC, full contact TKD mind you. Anyway, 2 players were going for first in their division. Red, mine, knocks blue out with a spin kick to the head. The GM running the tournament over ruled the corner judges who awarded the win and DQ'd red. The GM said red did the kick with "malice" and was therefore disqualified for, ready for it?.........excessive contact. So, thanks, I now understand and my condolences to Mr. Williams. Don't you just love tournaments like that. Needless to say we never went back. Every once in a while I will run into this GM and he is always polite to me but to this day he still cannot understand why we don't support his tournament. Sad, isn't it?

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Terry. Years ago I was in a tournament in Vancouver BC, full contact TKD mind you. Anyway, 2 players were going for first in their division. Red, mine, knocks blue out with a spin kick to the head. The GM running the tournament over ruled the corner judges who awarded the win and DQ'd red. The GM said red did the kick with "malice" and was therefore disqualified for, ready for it?.........excessive contact. So, thanks, I now understand and my condolences to Mr. Williams. Don't you just love tournaments like that. Needless to say we never went back. Every once in a while I will run into this GM and he is always polite to me but to this day he still cannot understand why we don't support his tournament. Sad, isn't it?

You know it is Wade, this is what making all these tournaments not worth doing anymore. Are you going to be at the US Open next week? If so maybe we can meet.

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yep, I am afraid I will be there. Was really bored lately so I will be competing on Friday and then doing the poomsae seminar and testing on Saturday. Then to the local pub to recover. It would be great if we could meet. Ask just about any of the USAT staff where "Wade" is and they can probably tell you where I am.