A real practitioner or a con?

OP
H
Reaction score
i can imagine.but would one pivot and shift body weight during contact or pivot and push out since he's so close to you?

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have attached this thread of and on and have not commented except a brief one now.
I appreciate the serious attempts to help Faisal..
but I think he needs to find a hands on teacher who knows wing chun.He may not be able to find one.
That would not be the end of the world.

joy chaudhuri

OP
H
Reaction score
okay , i understand ... i'll come clean it was a bad joke and sort of me being selfish to learn quicker lol... i didn't expect you guys would believe me but i get the feeling you guys think im delusional lmao just trying out some things for the jumma prank video i was making with some friends ... i know it stopped being funny a few pages ago and it was very immature of me but i was joking . there was no instructor or student and this whole thing was a script written by a friend of mine for the jumma prank video. It was a stupid idea but it was also a joke lol ... the scars were part of the getup they were done by using makeup we got for the video too. My bad i hope you guys can take this as a joke. LoL
Real Scars? xD

its funny but i won't troll like this again. You had some wonderful reactions though hehe

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
H
Reaction score
i'm sorry guys ROFL i miss those practical joke days. Also if you still don't get it i was trying to talk like this guy lmao
http://www.youtube.com/user/kwonkicker#p/u/5/7XHylei4TAc

he's actually pretty good at muay thai/TKD.

I know i should act more my age ... and i'm getting there slowly , don't take this the wrong way ... much love to you all :)

Last edited:
OP
H
Reaction score
Yep ... used make up and a script ... its an informational video about self defense for a unviersity very close to where i live. I'll upload the video once i'm done editing everything. Hopefully it'll turn out to be funny and entertaining at the same time so that people become more aware that they have the option to defend themselves or learn some form of self defense. :)

OP
H
Reaction score

eh? i hope i didnt offend "anyone" because that would be bad. Its gonna take me a couple of days to edit upload the video its about how randomly in the real world situations arise that require you to defend yourself ... and i still love and am going to learn wing chun , if you guys can find it in yourself to still help me out because thats the most awesome part of the whole experience ... getting to know my mistakes and the opinions of certain people here really do matter alot to me... thats why i came clean with the truth :)

Last edited:

Jake104

Black Belt
Reaction score
HLF are YOU a real practitioner or are YOU the con? That's the question I'd be asking myself. If I was one of those who went out of there way, to try and help you for the past few weeks.
Just saying.
Jake

cwk

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I think you might take some flak for this Harris.

OP
H
Reaction score
I think you might take some flak for this Harris.

I hope its not too much , I'm still super serious about Wing chun and i've kept training. This was a really bad idea wasn't it? i shouldn't have tricked you guys like this :s

bully

Purple Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is my last post in any of your threads, you are on your own as far as I am concerned.

OP
H
Reaction score
This is my last post in any of your threads, you are on your own as far as I am concerned.

oh man bully my intentions were purely comical but now i know you shouldn't joke about this sorta stuff... Please try to understand.

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
You've pi$$ed away a whole lot of good will.
I'm done.

Thesemindz

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
See man, this is gonna piss a lot of people off.

You were already hanging by a thread because you were trying to learn and teach a martial art from internet research, and that's just going to rub A LOT of people on this forum the wrong way. But then you follow up with a stunt like this? You need to learn something here pup.

There are respectable martial artists here. Legitimate Grandmasters and dedicated practitioners who have spent decades practicing their craft. And you don't earn their respect by acting like a jackass.

Secondly, look down at the bottom of the page where it shows who's viewing the thread. There are always unregistered guests. This is a public forum and people from all over the world come here to learn about martial arts, many of them beginners or people who are considering beginning training and are looking for guidance. And when you post a long thread about going to a karate school for your first lesson and how you got assaulted by someone who knew more than you did that gives the wrong impression. A person who was thinking about checking out martial arts lessons may have read that and been to afraid to try. You're lies may have turned someone else off of training entirely. Here's another martial arts lesson you may not have gotten from a youtube video, you are supposed to encourage beginners, not frighten them.

You effed up dude. And you aren't going to get much slack or sympathy for it on this board.

All that being said, I'm quite the joker myself, and when you are a kidder your jokes don't always land. I've had more than one blow up in my face, especially when I was young and dumb. Try to learn something from this about how to behave in a respectable establishment. We all have a sense of humor, but a lot of people invested real time and energy in you, because that's how martial arts is supposed to work, and now they realize you screwed them.

I get it. You thought you were being funny. But nobody's laughing. That'll happen. Next time, maybe feel the room first. Maybe pick a better time and place. Maybe when you realize people are taking you seriously don't keep going with the joke so far. Maybe next time, spend a little more time getting to know the people and environment you're dealing with before you make a fool of yourself.

This doesn't have to be the last thread you post on MartialTalk. I imagine it will be a long time before anyone takes you seriously again, but if you are serious about learning martial arts, there might be a place for you here in the future. But right now, you're probably on a lot of ignore lists.

Take this lesson and grow from it. That's what karate's all about. Try not to make the same mistake again. But don't be too surprised that people are pissed. You made a mess here bro. I get that you didn't mean to, but here we are none the less.

Good luck with that.

-Rob

OP
H
Reaction score
Damn ...it was a joke...i'm sorry you feel that way... granted it was a really ****** one now that i think about it ... Guess i have to learn something from this after all.

Latest Discussions