A McDonalds photo shoot

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You ought to see the rubbish that gets served in British McDonalds ... what purports to be a Big Mac sits comfortably within the parameters of my palm. When I spent some time in Canada I was amazed at the difference in size and quality of the product at McD's.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Food product photography is a specialized sub-set of commercial photography. Think about it, if you are paying someone to make you food look good, you expect they will do so. All kinds of tricks are used. When you go to McDs on the other hand, you aren't looking so much for a work of art you can sit and stare at, but rather something prepared very quickly that will meet some minimum standard of taste.

And that doesn't only apply to McDs. Other fast food and restaurants do the same.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
I watched a documentary on the food in a commercial/ad vs. the real thing.

For example, in cereal commercials, they use about 5-6 boxes of cereal to handpick the biggest flakes that look the best and the milk is actually part glue to make it thicker and to stick to the flakes better for when they pour it on the cereal.

Here is a website that compares the pictures with the real thing for various fast foods.
http://www.thewvsr.com/adsvsreality.htm

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I hadn't had McDonald's for years but was on the way to a conference early one morning and thought I'd try an egg and bacon McMuffin. Bad call!!! The muffin was made of cardboard and the egg was made of some type of rubber. That was over ten years ago and I haven't been tempted since. :(

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I stopped eating at McDonald's when they stopped using LFTB. I can't help but think that there is a significant amount of beef now that instead of feeding people is going to waste. That just seems very irresponsible and anti-environmental for this to happen.

;)

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Speaking of McD's, I know it's older now. But, the movie "Supersize Me" was a real eye opener. It's a movie I highly recommend to curb your fast food binges.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I hadn't had McDonald's for years but was on the way to a conference early one morning and thought I'd try an egg and bacon McMuffin. Bad call!!! The muffin was made of cardboard and the egg was made of some type of rubber. That was over ten years ago and I haven't been tempted since. :(
Oh it is all changed now at McDs my friend.. Big change you will find! Now the cardboard muffin is from sustainable forests and the egg is from 100% recycled rubber.. I'm lovin it (it is just my guts that object)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh it is all changed now at McDs my friend.. Big change you will find! Now the cardboard muffin is from sustainable forests and the egg is from 100% recycled rubber.. I'm lovin it (it is just my guts that object)

:lol:

Latest Discussions