8 signs that you are in a McDojo

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
  1. You instructor has a Grandmasters Certificate. In Crayon.
  2. The Senior Assistant Instructor is a 4 year old black belt.
  3. The sign in the window says the school trains in more than 10 martial arts.
  4. While examining the schools tournament trophies, you find 3 for spelling bees.
  5. Reading the contract for the school is considered a kata (and a long one at that).
  6. No one sweats.
  7. While at a tournament, your opponent finds out who your teacher is and high-fives his teacher.
  8. When paying for your belt examinations, the instructor asks: "Do you want fries with that?"

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Your instructor has multiple certs that appear overnight all signed with the same pen and all signatures on them have the same penmanship plus the fact that no one in the martial arts community has ever heard of the system or anyones name on your instructors certs

your instructors authenticity can not be verified because all his instructors are dead as well as all his classmates or the organization is so secretive that names are never given

Last Fearner

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
1. You instructor has a Grandmasters Certificate. In Crayon.
Mine is in water color.

2. The Senior Assistant Instructor is a 4 year old black belt.
I would never allow one under the age of 5.

3. The sign in the window says the school trains in more than 10 martial arts.
That's ridiculous - - 9 is my limit!

4. While examining the schools tournament trophies, you find 3 for spelling bees.
Hey! Spelun beez are tuff. Thay reqwire fokus and good breth controle.

5. Reading the contract for the school is considered a kata (and a long one at that).
You let them read the contract before they sign it???

6. No one sweats.
I sweat just putting on my dobok!

7. While at a tournament, your opponent finds out who your teacher is and high-fives his teacher.
Ewwww, that's nasty! I'm gonna have to stop doing that.

8. When paying for your belt examinations, the instructor asks: "Do you want fries with that?"
No way! It's a full meal deal or nothin'! And it'll cost you extra, my friend.

Last McFearner

Latest Discussions