301stSpartan Say Hello!

301stSpartan

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello all,
I just posted my first post here on Martial Talk. I wrote a short piece on how you can take a formal technique, such as a jujutsu waza and bring it to life in a way that allows you to grasp the strategies behind the motions.

My post is called: "Shinden Fudo Ryu- Karai Article".
I want to introduce myself here, because I haven't yet and I know that as soon as anyone reads my post, they will probably come here looking to find out more about me and my background.

I have grown up doing martial arts and have been a trainer and instructor for my entire adult life. I have studied Japanese, Chinese, and Russian Martial arts systems and traditions.

Currently, I run a professional military combatives company as well as a separate self-defense studio that is open to the general public. I reside in Boston MA.

I have one brother and one sister, as well as two wire fox terriers as my children.

I look forward to Martial Talk.

Best regards,

Vern Jeffery

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT :wavey:

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello Vern,

Haven't had a chance to read your article yet. But will this afternoon when I get a bit of free time. It's off to lunch, Glad to see you start posting. This is a very nice bunch and a very knowledgable crowd here on MT. The best MA's forum on the web in my opinion.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT...

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings, Vern---good to have you with us! I'm always interested in the effective applications of MA patterns---this is the aspect of the MAs that I find I think about the most---so I'm very interested in what you've written---will check it out.

trueaspirer

Green Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, hope you enjoy, sounds like you live an interesting life.

Latest Discussions