Just saying hello

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello all,
Just joined the forum. The name's Erik. Currently studying TKD, have past experience in Aikido, Goju ryu karate and kung fu. My training is currently on haiatus due to blowing my knee out (torn ACL) and recovering from the surgery. In the meantime, I cruise the MA boards to feed my martial arts fix :)

When not learning to kick high, I work as a clinician specializing in the treatment of children with mental retardation and behavior disorders. I have a wonderful wife and four kids (the wife and 3 of my kids train with me).

Talk to y'all around.

Peace,
Erik

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk! :)

Mike

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk! Glad to have you here. It is great to be able to train with your wife and kids. I also have 4 kids but only 2 of them are old enough to formally train. My wife also trains and it is just a great family activity. Hope to read more from you.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome, and happy posting! :wavey:

And I thought my job required patience... I'm a special ed teacher, but I work primarily with kids with learning disabilities. More power to you!

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk! I hope you have a quick and complete recovery. In the meantime, Happy Posting! :)

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
welcome fellow tae kwon do'er. I am here to tell you I understand Knee issues. However, do not fret....I have a dan in judo and currently train in hapkido and tae kwon do, so I can say that training tkd has been a god send for my knees.

See you in the kma boards.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings, Erik, and welcome to MT—it's good to have you with us (and always nice to have another KMA practitioner on board, especially someone with as varied a MA background as you have). Here's to a speedy recovery from your injury—happy posting!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT...

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good to have another newer member (as myself). Studied hapkido also, and knees finally did me in (but I was in my 40s:shock: ). Know you'll do better. Happy training.

Latest Discussions