....?

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Okay, I bit; I clicked on the link and watched the video. The course description sounds interesting, but aside from adding kobudo, there really isn't any reason to add 'elements of karate' to taekwondo; usually everyone is trying to add grappling, though this place does that as well.

The blindfolded stuff looks like they're trying to imply that they work on sensing the envirionment with more than just your eyes, and BB description looks like your typical, 'our black belts are more macho than your black belts' stuff.

I watched the video and kind of was left shaking my head. I have no idea what the initial ballet looking hop is, but the rest of it was performed at 12 cups of coffee speed and all of his punches were aimed over his head. Other than that, I have no comment because I am unfamiliar with the form.

Otherwise, it looks like he is doing some kind of Asian MA themed health and wellness center. Maybe its a wonderful place to train.

OP
fenglong

fenglong

Green Belt
Reaction score
... I have no idea what the initial ballet looking hop is, but the rest of it was performed at 12 cups of coffee speed and all of his punches were aimed over his head. ...

Maybe he usually fights guys taller than himself.. ^^

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
For all we know, the classes and instruction are decent. Some people just don't know how to make a decent website and some people think that they have to have a cool video. The gent in the vid is clearly not the master (his picture is elsewhere on the site), and probably was not a good choice to have on your website like that, as pretty much everyone assumes that any video you have up on a website represents your peak performance.

This gent probably needs either someone other than himself (or someone other than whoever is currently doing it) to put together and manage his website. Other than that, there really isn't enough for me to form any kind of coherent picture of the school. The bright pastel colors and the sparkling script likely do not convey what he thinks it does.

In short, get a new webmaster.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
On that home page they had links to
Traditional Taekwondo form Moon MooTraditional Taekwondo form Jun Goon

This is the kind of stuff that makes we want to barf. (oops. did I say that out loud?)

Of course they could claim they took the "traditional Stuff" and made it their own. Which if true is OK. But I bet dollars to donuts they really have no clue about the existance of more widely accepted standards.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
...and it was the worst Creed I've read in the arts yet. Even if it was Samurai born. If I had ever pledged that before a class my daddy would have slapped me. A lot.

Gwai Lo Dan

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
...and it was the worst Creed I've read in the arts yet. Even if it was Samurai born. If I had ever pledged that before a class my daddy would have slapped me. A lot.
The first line says "I have no parents". I thought we were supposed to give thanks to our parents!

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The first line says "I have no parents". I thought we were supposed to give thanks to our parents!

"Thank you dad for drinking heavily and beating the crap out of me as a kid"

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Excellent philosophy for a grown man fighting as a samurai. Horrible philosophy for a martial arts school. Reminds me too much of the Boston Church of Christ (and similar) orgs that went around trolling for college students -- it wasn't enough that you joined them for worship, you also had to cut yourself off from your other friends and family.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow... after watching those videos I know why they have to be able to run five miles in 40 minutes in their TKD program.

Latest Discussions