06/06/06 National Day of Slayer

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
They were pretty cool at Download last year... I considered going up the front, then the dust being kicked up from 200 feet away was enough to put me off.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Slayer is still around? The last I heard about them was Kerry King quoted as saying something like, "If I had to sing 'Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire.' I'd kill myself." after Metallica released ReLoad. This was shortly before Slayer's next album sold roughly 17 copies... :uhyeah:

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Kreth said:
Slayer is still around? The last I heard about them was Kerry King quoted as saying something like, "If I had to sing 'Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire.' I'd kill myself." after Metallica released ReLoad. This was shortly before Slayer's next album sold roughly 17 copies... :uhyeah:

Some of us "Old Schoolers" will never forget the meaning of "true" metal...

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:
Some of us "Old Schoolers" will never forget the meaning of "true" metal...
I'll put my "dirt time" up against any "old schooler." I've been listening to Metallica since mid-'86. Some other old favorites (mid-80s): Sabbath, Ozzy, Motorhead, Anthrax, Exodus, MOD, Queensryche, Metal Church, Maiden, Megadeth.
I just never really got into Slayer. The whole psuedo-Satanic, "Look at how EVIL I am" thing just didn't do it for me.

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Kreth said:
I'll put my "dirt time" up against any "old schooler." I've been listening to Metallica since mid-'86. Some other old favorites (mid-80s): Sabbath, Ozzy, Motorhead, Anthrax, Exodus, MOD, Queensryche, Metal Church, Maiden, Megadeth.
I just never really got into Slayer. The whole psuedo-Satanic, "Look at how EVIL I am" thing just didn't do it for me.

Yeah, it was all just a gimmick. Heck, they admit that. Anyway, "dirt time" or "pit time" takes on a whole new meaning with Slayer. I've been going to their concerts since 1990.

desousae

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Kreth said:

Did he say Queensryche?

I would have mentioned Stryper before them!

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
desousae said:
Did he say Queensryche?

I would have mentioned Stryper before them!
I have the original EP on tape somewhere. You can't say Queen of the Reich isn't heavy.

desousae

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
No, you are right, I cannot say they are not heavy, and infact I can say that I have never given them a chance....and I am not sure why I think they are funny, but I do. So label me up for baseless comment of the day.

...ok, I remember, it was when they came out with the video for silent lucidity, thats when I said "man, the band is bad". But the mere fact that I mention Styper or even know of there name shows I don't have a leg to stand on.

Now a days, I love Soulfly!

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
desousae said:
No, you are right, I cannot say they are not heavy, and infact I can say that I have never given them a chance....and I am not sure why I think they are funny, but I do. So label me up for baseless comment of the day.
I was a big fan up through Operation:Mindcrime. I did see them several years back on Maiden's Brave New World tour. Halford, Queensryche, then Maiden; one hell of a show! Geoff Tate still can scream.

Latest Discussions