Christianity, the religion of Death, Rape, Slavery and Murder in it's own words.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sometimes, it seems that the level of contempt reaches the point of complete saturation.
Phew Steve, glad I am not the only one that noticed this!

I think the amount of effort and energy spent here on this forum and on this thread trying to enlighten the blinkered and the dangerously closed-minded is unfortunately echoed on a much wider basis throughout the world. In every crevice in every corner of every nation that espouses a religion there are people like yourself, and most others here who are trying to calmly sit down with the religiously misdirected, the absurdly pious and the faithfully maladjusted and explain to them that what they are doing is simply not written anywhere the way they are interpreting it. Perhaps we are the misled ones for ever deigning to think they would listen.

Anyways, I value your well-reasoned approach and well-reasoned approaches of all who appreciate the concept. I hope you are well, Jenna :)

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
At a basic level Bob, you definetly don't have to worry about a priest or pope putting a death sentence on you for what you have posted here.
No, but in certain quarters they might let you away with abuse of minors.
:(

Yet that is not indicative of any religion as a whole. It is indicative of PEOPLE as a whole where their own interests or the interests of their group, cult or sect are selfishly served with no attention at all paid to the core concepts of their religion.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Murder:
Luke 19:27 "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me."

Where does the NT say this?
If this is true, why then is the OT included in the book?

But I'll continue.

*yawn*
not closed, case continues to be proven by Christianity's own words, and I'm still waiting for that 'pastafarian' explanation.

The one verse you quoted in Luke was the tail end of a parable about the return of "the king" (not to be confused with the lord of the rings title by the same name :angel:). It talks about the talents/gifts that were given to the servants and how they used their gifts. At the end, those who chose NOT to follow the king were to be put to death. Again, since this is a parable about judgement, that is what Jesus taught. If you don't choose God, then you will be given a "spiritual death" and seperated from God for eternity.

The other quotes that you put out there were Jesus telling the pharisees that they missed the boat on God's laws. They found loopholes in their traditions to get out of what was commanded by God. (For the record, "cursing" your parents didn't mean calling them a bad name or telling them to bugger off--it was a literal meaning of putting a curse on them through the power of God.) This example was given because Jesus then illustrates on how they can get out of their family obligations by saying that whatever was needed had already been set apart for God's use and getting out of that.

The next quote about fulfilling the law and not abolishing it until everything was completed, well, was completed when he died on the cross. Thus, Jesus message was one of God's love and forgiveness and not the message of the OT.

Lastly, the early Christians (including Paul) were Apocolypticals. That is, they believed that Jesus return was imminent. Thus interpretations of Jesus message (Paul's letters for one) were advice given to early believers when they thought the end was in sight. Also, the early Christians still considered themselves Jews and worshipped in the synagogues. It wasn't until later that as Christianity spread to "the gentiles" that more and more of the OT was dropped because they weren't Jews. "Christianity" has MANY denominations and beliefs, to say that all of them believe a certain thing is a gross generalization. Even beliefs about who Jesus was are different, for example, was he GOD incarnate in the form of a man or was he God's son sent to earth to show the way to God the father?

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
From wikipedia:

[SUP]2[/SUP] I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery;[SUP]3[/SUP] you shall have no other gods before me.
[SUP]6[/SUP] I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery;[SUP]7[/SUP] you shall have no other gods before me.
[SUP]4[/SUP] You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.[SUP]5[/SUP] You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me,
[SUP]6[/SUP] but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments.
[SUP]8[/SUP] You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.[SUP]9[/SUP] You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and fourth generation of those who reject me,
[SUP]10[/SUP] but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments.
[SUP]7[/SUP] You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name.
[SUP]11[/SUP] You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name.
[SUP]8[/SUP] Remember the sabbath day, and keep it holy.[SUP]9[/SUP] For six days you shall labour and do all your work.
[SUP]10[/SUP] But the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God; you shall not do any work—you, your son or your daughter, your male or female slave, your livestock, or the alien resident in your towns.
[SUP]11[/SUP] For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but rested the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day and consecrated it.
[SUP]12[/SUP] Observe the sabbath day and keep it holy, as the Lord your God commanded you.[SUP]13[/SUP] For six days you shall labour and do all your work.
[SUP]14[/SUP] But the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God; you shall not do any work—you, or your son or your daughter, or your male or female slave, or your ox or your donkey, or any of your livestock, or the resident alien in your towns, so that your male and female slave may rest as well as you.
[SUP]15[/SUP] Remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the Lord your God brought you out from there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm; therefore the Lord your God commanded you to keep the sabbath day.
[SUP]12[/SUP] Honour your father and your mother, so that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.
[SUP]16[/SUP] Honour your father and your mother, as the Lord your God commanded you, so that your days may be long and that it may go well with you in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.
[SUP]13[/SUP] You shall not murder.
[SUP]17[/SUP] You shall not murder.
[SUP]14[/SUP] You shall not commit adultery.
[SUP]18[/SUP] Neither shall you commit adultery.
[SUP]15[/SUP] You shall not steal.
[SUP]19[/SUP] Neither shall you steal.
[SUP]16[/SUP] You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour.
[SUP]20[/SUP] Neither shall you bear false witness against your neighbour.
[SUP]17[/SUP] You shall not covet your neighbour’s house; you shall not covet your neighbour’s wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbour.
[SUP]21[/SUP] Neither shall you covet your neighbour’s wife.Neither shall you desire your neighbour’s house, or field, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbour.

HMMM....THESE ARE "THE LAWS" THAT ARE SPOKEN OF...YEAH, I SEE WHERE JESUS IS SAYING GO AND KILL PEOPLE. OH, THAT IS RIGHT, THE THOU SHALT DO NO MURDER WAS UPDATED TO " THOU SHALT DO NO MURDER...UNLESS YOU THINK THEY REALLY DESERVE IT"

That's 10 of them.

Jesus, as a Jew, would have observed the other 603 as well.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
The most telling thing about this thread is the few that do not understand the point. It is kinf of scary that some people can be so blind and hypocrital in thier judgment of others. Very novel approach, Bob.

Maiden_Ante

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Aren't all religions really? Because it's not the religion that makes people do these things, it's the people themselves. Just give them the motivation and moral excuses.

Latest Discussions