06/06/06 National Day of Slayer

They were pretty cool at Download last year... I considered going up the front, then the dust being kicked up from 200 feet away was enough to put me off.

Slayer is still around? The last I heard about them was Kerry King quoted as saying something like, "If I had to sing 'Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire.' I'd kill myself." after Metallica released ReLoad. This was shortly before Slayer's next album sold roughly 17 copies... :uhyeah:

Kreth said:
Slayer is still around? The last I heard about them was Kerry King quoted as saying something like, "If I had to sing 'Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire.' I'd kill myself." after Metallica released ReLoad. This was shortly before Slayer's next album sold roughly 17 copies... :uhyeah:

Some of us "Old Schoolers" will never forget the meaning of "true" metal...

upnorthkyosa said:
Some of us "Old Schoolers" will never forget the meaning of "true" metal...
I'll put my "dirt time" up against any "old schooler." I've been listening to Metallica since mid-'86. Some other old favorites (mid-80s): Sabbath, Ozzy, Motorhead, Anthrax, Exodus, MOD, Queensryche, Metal Church, Maiden, Megadeth.
I just never really got into Slayer. The whole psuedo-Satanic, "Look at how EVIL I am" thing just didn't do it for me.

Kreth said:
I'll put my "dirt time" up against any "old schooler." I've been listening to Metallica since mid-'86. Some other old favorites (mid-80s): Sabbath, Ozzy, Motorhead, Anthrax, Exodus, MOD, Queensryche, Metal Church, Maiden, Megadeth.
I just never really got into Slayer. The whole psuedo-Satanic, "Look at how EVIL I am" thing just didn't do it for me.

Yeah, it was all just a gimmick. Heck, they admit that. Anyway, "dirt time" or "pit time" takes on a whole new meaning with Slayer. I've been going to their concerts since 1990.

Kreth said:

Did he say Queensryche?

I would have mentioned Stryper before them!

desousae said:
Did he say Queensryche?

I would have mentioned Stryper before them!
I have the original EP on tape somewhere. You can't say Queen of the Reich isn't heavy.

No, you are right, I cannot say they are not heavy, and infact I can say that I have never given them a chance....and I am not sure why I think they are funny, but I do. So label me up for baseless comment of the day.

...ok, I remember, it was when they came out with the video for silent lucidity, thats when I said "man, the band is bad". But the mere fact that I mention Styper or even know of there name shows I don't have a leg to stand on.

Now a days, I love Soulfly!

desousae said:
No, you are right, I cannot say they are not heavy, and infact I can say that I have never given them a chance....and I am not sure why I think they are funny, but I do. So label me up for baseless comment of the day.
I was a big fan up through Operation:Mindcrime. I did see them several years back on Maiden's Brave New World tour. Halford, Queensryche, then Maiden; one hell of a show! Geoff Tate still can scream.

Latest Discussions

Back