Yay, I passed my blue belt test!!

Faye

Green Belt
Reaction score
I just want to let you all know that I passed my test!!! I'm excited to learn my new form (Pinan 5). While reading what forms others do, I'm a bit puzzled because seems like my dojan does TSD forms, not TKD forms, (Bassaii)?

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
TKD started using Shotokan kata. Most created their own forms later on to distance themselves from the Japanese roots.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congrats! By reaching another level you have set yourself on a higher level that even fewer have or will reach. Keep pushing on.

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Faye said:
I just want to let you all know that I passed my test!!! I'm excited to learn my new form (Pinan 5). While reading what forms others do, I'm a bit puzzled because seems like my dojan does TSD forms, not TKD forms, (Bassaii)?
Cool! That's excellent, keep on training hard... :asian:

OP
F

Faye

Green Belt
Reaction score
You guys are so sweet and supportive. Just a baby step closer to getting the black belt!!

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations! Blue belt was a big deal to me. It was when I got my blue belt that I knew I was commited to martial arts for the long run.

Regards,

KenpoEMT

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Way to go! Good for you! Keep up the good work!!

:partyon:

OP
F

Faye

Green Belt
Reaction score
Gemini said:
Congratulations! Blue belt was a big deal to me. It was when I got my blue belt that I knew I was commited to martial arts for the long run.

Regards,
I feel the same way!!!!

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations Faye!

What do you get to learn as a blue belt? In your school, is this a 4th guep?

Miles

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ya know... I think these threads are my favorite. Love seeing people happy and excited about their progress in their respective arts. I equally enjoy seeing people from other arts enjoying the success of others. Kinda like a bonding experience, makes me think we really are not that different after all.

Congrats Faye on a job well done! :)

OP
F

Faye

Green Belt
Reaction score
Miles said:
Congratulations Faye!

What do you get to learn as a blue belt? In your school, is this a 4th guep?

Miles
I think it's 5th, next belt will be red, then brown, then brown/black, and black.

I have no idea what i get to learn aside from Pinan 5. Our school still uses the old old shotokan forms.
I think we get to learn more cool one step sparring techniques, take downs and things like that.

I'm very excited..

oh, and the higher belt you are, the more likely you get beat up during sparring.. i think.

Latest Discussions