A question regarding Kukkiwon and WTF

A

Andy Cap

I have read both of the web sites of the Kukkiwon and the WTF. They reference each other quite often. What sort of relationship do they currently have? Also, my instructor told me that the Kukkiwon had thrown the WTF out - has anybody heard of this? Please post references if you can.

OP
J

JanneM

Kukkiwon is the headquarters of taekwondo and dectates the art od taekwondo. WTF is sports organisation that is based so there would be a great atletic organisation that Kukkiwon-taekwondo practissioners can compete.
You can not compete in WTF events if you don't have Kukkiwon dan certificate and you cant get Kukkiwon certificate if you don't practise WTF style sparring at all.

TX_BB

Purple Belt
Reaction score
WTF is the sports federation that controls Olympic Taekwondo. The WTF promotes Olympic TKD around the world and sets up competitive events around the world. A lot of the people at the WTF are people with strong Kukkikwon ties. It was kind of hard not to be since both organizations were located in the same building until last year.

Kukkikwon information is pretty good in this thread:
http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26005

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the bump on the other thread TX BB!

JanneM, didn't you say on the TKD Net that you just got back from Korea? Did you do the Instructor Course?

Miles

Latest Discussions