Would you hit a woman who was unarmed?

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't throw your teddy in the corner
It was a joke
You use this caption quite a bit, and saying “it’s just a joke“ attached to another school yard insult suggests several possibilities:

1) You are unable to accept a good argument.
2) You are unable to construct an intelligent counter-argument.
3) You are uncouth, boorish and a bit childish.

When most of us meet such people in real life, we walk away and avoid them in future. Here, we have to use the ‘ignore’ button.

‘IGNORE’!

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
You are unable to accept a good argument.
And it could just be that I have a sense of humor & you don't 🤣

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

I wasn't I was pointing out what is obvious to some posters but not you so give your head a wobble and stop being so up yourself. You've been here 2 minutes and think you own the place. 😂😂😂😂😂
629149a4376df7cb818bcf0a2ab3245a.gif

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You use this caption quite a bit, and saying “it’s just a joke“ attached to another school yard insult suggests several possibilities:

1) You are unable to accept a good argument.

When most of us meet such people in real life, we walk away and avoid them in future. Here, we have to use the ‘ignore’ button.

‘IGNORE’!
The poster is ex army, a squaddie, he thinks what he says is 'banter', it's not. I've had to investigate many cases of 'banter' which is absolutely bullying and in one case led to a suicide. The bully says something which is either insulting, mocking or downright nasty then when people complain or remonstrate they turn round and say 'it's just a joke'. Then they accuse people of having no sense of humour. Standard behaviour for these types and exactly as you point out in your post. All his posts are following the standard and predicted course of the personality you describe. I can even predict the reply to this post, not that I'll bother reading lol.

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The poster is ex army, a squaddie, he thinks what he says is 'banter', it's not. I've had to investigate many cases of 'banter' which is absolutely bullying and in one case led to a suicide. The bully says something which is either insulting, mocking or downright nasty then when people complain or remonstrate they turn round and say 'it's just a joke'. Then they accuse people of having no sense of humour. Standard behaviour for these types and exactly as you point out in your post. All his posts are following the standard and predicted course of the personality you describe. I can even predict the reply to this post, not that I'll bother reading lol.
you told me to go give my head a wobble, is that not bullying? are you not mobbing me out here with a couple of members? telling me i should.......

"go wobble your head, you´ve been here 2 minutes". what if i feel suicidle?? oh but wait you´re a woman aren´t you ? :rolleyes:
Remember you started writing to me on here.
Also to the young lady in question: do not write i am an ex "Squaddie" people like me find this an insult. ex soldier is the term used not guttural sexist slang.

@ the mods on here:
posting pictures of well trained cross fit girls is not sexist. It´s not my fault they look good and not like a 70 year old.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jared Traveler

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The convenience and irony of being a verbal bully on a virtual martial arts talk forum is hopefully not lost on anyone? Tez3 you seem to be a nice respectful lady, you are correct in labeling the behavior as bullying.

I think Jimmythebull has some good insight, and I would overall enjoy hearing what he has to say, but unfortunately he can not maintain grown up diolag. If he humbled himself and apologized to everyone, at least from me, he would find a genuine warm reception.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The convenience and irony of being a verbal bully on a virtual martial arts talk forum is hopefully not lost on anyone? Tez3 you seem to be a nice respectful lady, you are correct in labeling the behavior as bullying.

I think Jimmythebull has some good insight, and I would overall enjoy hearing what he has to say, but unfortunately he can not maintain grown up diolag. If he humbled himself and apologized to everyone, at least from me, he would find a genuine warm reception.
Thank you, me being respectful depends entirely on whether the other poster is respectful in turn. In person it's easier for most people to tell from body language, facial expressions and voice tone what the words actually mean. Without a lot of emoji just reading the written word can be difficult, you see it on social media all the time. Some people don't even read the posts properly so their answers make no sense.
Too many people respond to being disagreed not with a reasoned argument but with abuse or accusations of being upset or angry. The other way of course is by belittling people with so called jokes or pretend numerous comments. They never realise it says more about them than anything.
The suicide I mentioned was a case at an army infantry training centre where a recruit as he was entitled to applied to leave. He was given permission but while he waited the couple of weeks for the discharge to go through he was in guard duty. The Cpls. in charge thought it was fun to engage in what they called banter to keep telling him was staying in the army for every, that they knew he wasn't getting out, etc. After a few days of this, he went out on a camp patrol with another soldier both armed. At the back of the guardroom coming back, the lad in front heard a shot and spun round to find the other lad shot himself. Afterwards the Cpls, said it was said in fun, only joking.......

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you told me to go give my head a wobble, is that not bullying? are you not mobbing me out here with a couple of members? telling me i should.......

"go wobble your head, you´ve been here 2 minutes". what if i feel suicidle?? oh but wait you´re a woman aren´t you ? :rolleyes:
Remember you started writing to me on here.
Also to the young lady in question: do not write i am an ex "Squaddie" people like me find this an insult. ex soldier is the term used not guttural sexist slang.

@ the mods on here:
posting pictures of well trained cross fit girls is not sexist. It´s not my fault they look good and not like a 70 year old.
Squaddie is a term used freely where I am....by squaddies male and female. I could have called you a pongo (the RAF officially called the army cargo but there you go) but I didnt. Don't pretend it's an insult or sexist. It's not, have a look at Arrse. I worked with the Army for over 20 years, lived in the Garrison nearly 40, so yeah give your head a wobble. Before that I was in RAF and worked with various units including Bootnecks and Paras, as well as other country's militaries, finished in MoD, then went on to another MoD career.
I didn't 'start writing to you' I posted up just as everyone else has. Don't like it, use the ignore button. It's easy, there's no need to be over emotional.

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Squaddie is a term used freely where I am....by squaddies male and female. I could have called you a pongo (the RAF officially called the army cargo but there you go) but I didnt. Don't pretend it's an insult or sexist. It's not, have a look at Arrse. I worked with the Army for over 20 years, lived in the Garrison nearly 40, so yeah give your head a wobble. Before that I was in RAF and worked with various units including Bootnecks and Paras, as well as other country's militaries, finished in MoD, then went on to another MoD career.
I didn't 'start writing to you' I posted up just as everyone else has. Don't like it, use the ignore button. It's easy, there's no need to be over emotional.
You're insulting me again !
Squaddies. Meaning: (Noun) A squaddy or squaddies is a term used to describe a person in the lowest military rank. It is British slang that's popular and is sometimes used as an insult.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Squaddies. Meaning: (Noun) A squaddy or squaddies is a term used to describe a person in the lowest military rank. It is British slang that's popular and is sometimes used as an insult.
Wow, that's a wonderful post, amazing, brilliant, staggering wit.
It's very clear intelligence has been chasing you for a long time, please stop and let it catch you up.

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
It's very clear intelligence has been chasing you for a long time, please stop and let it catch you up.
Plea
Se stop harassing me on here. I feel threatend. I suffer from panic attacks !

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the Arrse link I posted.
When a civilian joins the Army, they become a 'squaddie'. After their service is terminated they seldom return to civilisation in their former guise and are transformed in to ex-squaddies rather than returning civilians.

This of course depends on one's service. Those with a positive experience show pride in the usage of the word, whereas someone with an axe to grind or who has something to hide might choose not to be associated with the Army and thus not refer to themselves as an 'ex-squaddie'.

Taxonomy​

A squaddie is not a role or position as such, it's a state of mind. There are two basic people types: Squaddies and non-Squaddies (civvies). Many civvies show signs of squaddidom (such as drinking to excess, masturbating regularly and telling sick jokes), but unless you serve you can never truly be referred as a real squaddie.

Please note that the title squaddie is not given on learning The Basics on pass out, but after a period of bezzing and skiffing within the Regiment.

Darren

Green Belt
Reaction score
I am of the opinion that a man never hits a woman never ever!!!!! Given that nature has given differences to each I could never ever run worth a $500 dollar bill does not mean I will not protect myself!!! Had this girl pick up a rock once she was going to bash my head in with it did not turn my back to her but begged and begged and begged some more for her to please put the rock down when that did not work I put her down on her back she then dropped the rock. This guy was standing right across the street watching the whole thing this was back in the 70’s and the guy was old enough back then when men had more respect for women then they do today!!!!! He came over and asked what happened so told him the story he agreed that I had done the right thing does not mean it still does not bother me cause it does!!!! Even though it was the right thing to do!!!!

Latest Discussions