Would Would Win between Ip Man and Bruce?

DavyKOTWF

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Course they'd never fight, but if they did, in a no holds barred, anything goes, street fight, who do you think would win in a fight between Ip Man and Bruce Lee, both in their prime, say Bruce at age 28 and Ip Man at whatever his prime was?
Bruce was 5'7" at 135 lbs and say Ip Man was 5'3" at 125 lbs.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
When I was about seven my friends and I would debate who would win in a fight...

Godzilla or Gorgo!

...well, technically we meant Gorgo's mom, Ogra of course.

gorgo_poster_02.jpg

u-g-Q12OWD90.jpg

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Course they'd never fight, but if they did, in a no holds barred, anything goes, street fight, who do you think would win in a fight between Ip Man and Bruce Lee, both in their prime, say Bruce at age 28 and Ip Man at whatever his prime was?
Bruce was 5'7" at 135 lbs and say Ip Man was 5'3" at 125 lbs.

They both had a record of 0-0 so who knows.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't mean to bring any semblance of reality to this convo but didnt ip man do some on the record challenge matches?
Not to my knowledge, but I could be mistaken.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't mean to bring any semblance of reality to this convo but didnt ip man do some on the record challenge matches?
It was such a long time ago there's no way to prove it apart from some rumours from his friends and students

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Honestly I don't like these questions. Why's it all about who'd win a fight. Neither of them were fighters. I don't mean that in a negative way at all. Some people choose to fight some don't there's nothing wrong with not fighting. They were both very skilled and both preferred to teach and learn rather than fight people. I don't know why people think all martiaL artists need to fight. They were both great at what they did and should be respected for that there's no need to make them out to be action heroes

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Honestly I don't like these questions. Why's it all about who'd win a fight. Neither of them were fighters. I don't mean that in a negative way at all. Some people choose to fight some don't there's nothing wrong with not fighting. They were both very skilled and both preferred to teach and learn rather than fight people. I don't know why people think all martiaL artists need to fight. They were both great at what they did and should be respected for that there's no need to make them out to be action heroes

Thems fightin words :D

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
heck yeah he did!!! like against 10 japanese dudes all at the same time!!!! Chain-punched them all into oblivion!!!! :D:D:D
And he beat the boxer that killed sammo hung and fought Mike Tyson in an office and a Muay Thai fighter in an elevator

D

Deleted member 34973

Since it is a very rare occasion to see any Martial Artist in a real fight, it is definitely a tough call. But, I would think in their prime, it would be more of a clash. Both were pretty dedicated.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Since it is a very rare occasion to see any Martial Artist in a real fight, it is definitely a tough call. But, I would think in their prime, it would be more of a clash. Both were pretty dedicated.
Martial artists fight all the time. Mma, judo, kyokushin karate, San shou....

Latest Discussions