WOO HOO! test for 3rd Dan is half over

OP
F

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
First of all congratulations on what you have achieved so far.

Q. What does "Aleeve" mean?

Q. Weapons? What weapons?

Stuart

Aleeve = one of the stronger "over the counter" pain relief medicines. Last night was another 2 Aleeve night!

Weapons:
Bo - 2 forms
Broadsword - 3 forms (2 forms with single sword and 1 form with double sword)
Nunchuckas - 1 form
Escrima sticks - 1 form with single stick and 1 form with double stick.
Guns - 1 form with 2 guns (cut outs).

Out instructor created one of the bo forms, the three sword forms, the Escrima form and the gun form for his 4th degree test.

Thanks again to everyone who offered up positive thoughts - they are appreciated!

Off for a soak in the pool - it feels like 115 degrees outside!

StuartA

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thnaks for explaining.

Aleeve = one of the stronger "over the counter" pain relief medicines. Last night was another 2 Aleeve night!
Ah-ha.. either Ive never heard of it because its not sold in the UK (or used often perhaps) or because I dont really use things like that much.

Weapons:
Bo - 2 forms
Broadsword - 3 forms (2 forms with single sword and 1 form with double sword)
Nunchuckas - 1 form
Escrima sticks - 1 form with single stick and 1 form with double stick.
Guns - 1 form with 2 guns (cut outs).
I asked about that as technically weapons arnt part of TKD.. and it was nice to have the answer below:
Out instructor created one of the bo forms, the three sword forms, the Escrima form and the gun form for his 4th degree test.
Gun form.. reminds of the film Equilibium.. dont support you have a video of it do you? (And you BB test come to that)

Off for a soak in the pool - it feels like 115 degrees outside!
Sounds like you deserve it! Again, well done.

Stuart

OP
F

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Thnaks for explaining.

I asked about that as technically weapons arnt part of TKD.. and it was nice to have the answer below:
True - way of the hand and foot! our instructors have added some Hapkido, boxing, grappling and weapons to make life more interesting! We study ITF and WTF forms, do point and Olympic sparring - makes for a busy schedule but well worth it.

Gun form.. reminds of the film Equilibium.. dont support you have a video of it do you? (And you BB test come to that)

As much as I'd like to have a vid the dojang has a strick "no video taping" policy during our tests so no vids of the forms.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats Firman00, also to all of the other BB for a great showing

CrimsonPhoenix

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Once again, congratulations! It sounds as though there was a lot of hard work put into your test and I'm sure that the dip in the pool felt great afterwards!

Latest Discussions