WOO HOO! test for 3rd Dan is half over

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
After 4 hours today ... lots of pushups, situps, jump rope, forms, sparring, weapons and breaking but 20 of my compadres and I finished up part I today! With a run and another 2 hours of forms on Saturday...

Its gonna be a 2 Aleeve kind of night - tweaked my back doing a jump, spin back side kick for breaking... other then that I'll be a little sore tomorrow thanks to the 2 on 1 sparring.

Good luck to the lower black belts and red/ black belts testing for your 1st Dan!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Fireman sound great, keep the back going until it is over, it maybe a 4 alieve night.

CrimsonPhoenix

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Congratulations on completing half of your test! I look forward to hearing the next update with more good news. :D

Good luck on Saturday!

PEP-REP

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Congrats!! your will breeze through the rest!! the hard part is over .. But I have to agree with others maybe more than 2 aleeve hehehe

anyhow good luck with the rest and let us know how you do!!

StuartA

Black Belt
Reaction score
First of all congratulations on what you have achieved so far.

Q. What does "Aleeve" mean?

Q. Weapons? What weapons?

Stuart

KELLYG

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Keep Up The Good Work. Sounds Like The Hard Part Is Over Now Its Time To Show Off. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!

PEP-REP

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
First of all congratulations on what you have achieved so far.

Q. What does "Aleeve" mean?

Q. Weapons? What weapons?

Stuart

the aleeve is a pain reilever like tylonel.. as far as weapons I am not sure what he used but I would guess maybe nunchucks or the bow staff

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
After 4 hours today ... lots of pushups, situps, jump rope, forms, sparring, weapons and breaking but 20 of my compadres and I finished up part I today! With a run and another 2 hours of forms on Saturday... Dan!

Man I had it easy! Mine was over in 2 hours (though I thought it was 2 years then.)

Good luck fireman, but then you know those who are good make their own luck!

Deaf

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats! And perhaps it might be a good night for a warm (but not too hot) bath as well.

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Great job so far fireman! Keep up the good work. BTW, your 3rd dan test sounds much more intense than my 3rd dan test a few months back. :asian:

Keep pressing, and good luck with the next phase.

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Glad to hear you did well, and the larger chunk is behind you. Get some rest, and come out breathing fire tomorrow. :rpo:

OP
F

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Finally finished up at 19:00 tonight! A total of 75 of us were testing for various levels of black belt from 1st Dan to 3rd Dan. I started yesterday with a 4 mile run to keep things loose, then today at 11:30 we reconvened had a 1.5 mile run where we were broken up into groups and each group was assigned a heavy bag to carry to the finish. The idea was for two memebers of the team to carry the bag for a block then swap off with two other team mates. Offa it was hot today! Then we had a break before meeting for the Black Belt Banquet. More team forms including Yoosin, Chonjang, Single and Double Sword form, Nunchucka forms, Board Breaking, Kumgang and Taebek then the banquet followed by a poolside celebration!

Congratulations to my fellow classmates! You guys did a great job!

And thanks to the folks here for the positive energy! Its greatly appreciated.

Zeno

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Great job! After reading what you had to go through to earn 3rd Dan, I'm very impressed. Must be a little sore, eh?

Windsinger

Green Belt
Reaction score
Grats, fireman!

After reading what you went through, makes me worrying about my test next month seem a little silly. :lol: Then again, big difference between 3rd dan and yellow stripe, right?

Latest Discussions