Wong Training

OP
M

MonkgWong

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I am happy to prove I am both a monk and a warrior.

Monk: I have studied from the ancient texts and took a blood oath at the Tiger Temple after completing my training as a youngling. I'm very happy to talk about my monastic life if you have any questions.

Warrior: Let me tell you a story from my years as a wandering monk. I was travelling through the mountains on a pilgrimage when I was set upon by a band of ruddy misfits. "I mean you no harm gentlemen, be on thy way." However, the upstarts would not move. Using Baguazhang's footwork I managed to get behind them without them seeing, then used a phoenix eye strike to knock down the leader of the pack. Thankfully the rest of them ran off screaming. It shows that when you cut off the head of the snake, victory can be yours.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Monk: I have studied from the ancient texts and took a blood oath at the Tiger Temple after completing my training as a youngling. I'm very happy to talk about my monastic life if you have any questions.

Warrior: Let me tell you a story from my years as a wandering monk. I was travelling through the mountains on a pilgrimage when I was set upon by a band of ruddy misfits. "I mean you no harm gentlemen, be on thy way." However, the upstarts would not move. Using Baguazhang's footwork I managed to get behind them without them seeing, then used a phoenix eye strike to knock down the leader of the pack. Thankfully the rest of them ran off screaming. It shows that when you cut off the head of the snake, victory can be yours.
So to address the first part-what ancient texts are you referring to, and where is this tiger temple? Were there any witnesses to this that could corroborate your story?

For the warrior part-It sounds false to me. First-no one says "be on thy way" anymore, or probably ever. It's a mixture of current and 6 centuries old speak. Second, a phoenix eye strike has a couple of different body parts that it is good for, but none of them are for the back of the head. So I fail to see how you'd do that from behind to knock someone out. And second, the idea that people will run away screaming after you take out their leader is more myth than actuality, at least based on personal experience, and any of the actual data I've seen. What really happens is it pisses them off and they become more aggressive.

Either way though, no proof that you are either a monk or a warrior is shown here. If you could at least show a video (or if you refuse to, then a picture) that would go a long way to establish credibility).

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
If someone claims that he is a monk warrior, he can shave his head and post a picture to prove that he can be a monk.

You also need a "gold" color ropes.

I've been shaving half my head for years (the other half doesn't need to be shaved...). And I've got some yellow/gold cave line. Does that count as ropes?
Sweet! I'm a monk now!

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

That'll be something to see. When will you be providing this proof?

That's not proof of anything. It's just an unsupported assertion. Perhaps you should find an Ancient Text (from Grandmaster Webster, perhaps) and learn the True Meaning of Proof.

I saw that movie too. Mediocre at best, but that's typical of the genre.

Aegis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
First-no one says "be on thy way" anymore, or probably ever. It's a mixture of current and 6 centuries old speak.

It's also wrong, because thou/thee/thy are singular, so using it for a group of ruffians would be grammatically incorrect. Correct usage would have been "your" even in the era of thees and thous.

OP
M

MonkgWong

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Happy to answer all these questions.

The ancient texts I studied were - the Tao Te Ching, the Yi Ching, the Mahayana Sutras, the Tibetan Book of the Dead, the Analects and Master Li’s family text. The Tiger Temple is in China.

The warrior part - I understand that traditionally there are places where one should use phoenix eye, but in the heat of battle it isn’t always easy to follow the rules. I used this strike at the base of the skull and - because I have done much Fa Jin training - the power simply knocked the hoodlum out.

However, if this isn’t enough proof for you I am happy to share more real life stories from my past.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

The ancient texts I studied were - the Tao Te Ching, the Yi Ching, the Mahayana Sutras, the Tibetan Book of the Dead, the Analects and Master Li’s family text. The Tiger Temple is in China.

The warrior part - I understand that traditionally there are places where one should use phoenix eye, but in the heat of battle it isn’t always easy to follow the rules. I used this strike at the base of the skull and - because I have done much Fa Jin training - the power simply knocked the hoodlum out.

However, if this isn’t enough proof for you I am happy to share more real life stories from my past.

No. Stop sharing stories. Fantasies are not proof. You offered proof. Please provide some.

OP
M

MonkgWong

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
What constitutes proof in your book?

These are not fantasies but real life stories from my times as a youngling and now a warrior monk. If I were lying why would I be known as "the true hero of the East" in many martial arts circles? Doesn't make sense unless what I'm saying is true.

I can also provide my lineage - I was taught by Master Li who was taught by Grandmaster Yang.

Not sure what else you really need??

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

China is a very large place. Can you clarify the location (ie: the sichuan province/hunan province) since a google search is failing to find a tiger temple located in china. If you could find a link that would be appreciated.

As for the phoenix eye-the issue isn't that it's ideal for certain parts of the body like the eye, it's that the strike itself is only meant to be effective against soft-tissue areas. It would not do much against the skull which is a bone designed to protect the entirety of the brain. And I would like something beyond unverifiable stories for proof. Is that something you are able to provide? Or at least, as kung fu wang requested, can you take a video of yourself training to show us some of your wisdom?

OP
M

MonkgWong

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Tiger Temple is in Henan Province.

As I stated, I agree - phoenix eye is generally aimed at soft parts of the body, but during the heat of battle we all make mistakes. I struck him at the 'gate of consciousness' point and it knocked him out. Would I say this is the optimum way to do things? No. Did it work? Yes. Sometimes you have to improvise in battle.

It's like a graceful crane, majestic as it flies. When the crane stops to ponder upon a jagged rock, does it do so because it's following "the rules"? No, it does so because it is wise enough to flow like water.

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It's also wrong, because thou/thee/thy are singular, so using it for a group of ruffians would be grammatically incorrect. Correct usage would have been "your" even in the era of thees and thous.
Not "ruffians" , they were "ruddy misfits". Apparently a group with complexion issues.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHhHHahH!!!!!!

Oh now that is PRECIOUS!!!

Do go on, you.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Let me relate the story of when I was in China on a mission to avenge the death of my master. Or was it my third cousin once removed? Anyway, I flew into Beijing...or was it Oklahoma? I always get those two places confused. I’m pretty sure it was Beijing. But it might have been Oklahoma. I’ll have to look at the photos I took of my trip and see it it jogs my memory. At any rate, once I landed I needed to see a guy about a dog...
So when I saw that man about that dog, I was in for a rude awakening as up until that moment none had deemed it necessary to forewarn me about the differences between a Western and Chinese commodes...

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

These are not fantasies but real life stories from my times as a youngling and now a warrior monk. If I were lying why would I be known as "the true hero of the East" in many martial arts circles? Doesn't make sense unless what I'm saying is true.

I can also provide my lineage - I was taught by Master Li who was taught by Grandmaster Yang.

GM Yang -> Master Li -> the true hero of the East

Could you share your GM's name and your master's name? In Chinese culture, it's impolite to hide your teacher's name and your teacher's teacher name.

I have told you that my XingYi lineage in another post.

Liu Wei-Xiang 刘纬祥(1864~1936) -> Chang Dong-Sheng (1908–1986) -> KFW

I won't ask you to do something that I won't do myself.

Could you at least do the same?

Last edited:

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

There are martial artists here from many backgrounds. None of us seem to have heard of you.
There are martial artists here from many countries, including China and England. Nobody except a brand new member has supported anything you post.

You're making grand claims. The only support and evidence you've offered are scenes from various movies. Someone here can probably identify them -- though at least a couple of them are common scenes across several movies. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof, yet you have haven't even offered ordinary proof. I'm moving this thread to Horror Stories; that's the way it's heading anyway.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So when I saw that man about that dog, I was in for a rude awakening as up until that moment none had deemed it necessary to forewarn me about the differences between a Western and Chinese commodes...
Wait a minute...THAT’S how I know I was in Oklahoma!!

We I, glad I settled that. It was definitely Oklahoma. That smelly squat -over-the-hole-in-the-ground toilet, definitely oklahoma.

So, I began the search for my Master’s killer..:

Latest Discussions