Wong Training

OP
M

MonkgWong

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Since when did I have no idea of anything? You are assuming a lot here and it makes you appear as a fool. Interesting how you dodged my question about martial arts because you were too scared to answer too.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Since when did I have no idea of anything? You are assuming a lot here and it makes you appear as a fool. Interesting how you dodged my question about martial arts because you were too scared to answer too.

What question was that?

I've been training martial arts since 1972, likely 48 years more than you, been to China, which I am betting is more than you can say...did a bit of training with, had lunch with and got invited to the home of Chen Zhenglei too....meant a few posters on MT face to face as well...I have nothing to hide....so...what's your question Grandmaster?

I asked you, was that fist comment a challenge?

OP
M

MonkgWong

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Apologies to everyone else, it appears Xue is having trouble following so I will repost my question -

Let us discuss a matter of great importance; some say the Beng Chuan from Xingyiquan is the most powerful punch in Chinese martial arts - what do you think? Try to answer in English if possible.

Now, on the matter of a challenge - I will defend my school wherever and whenever the threat may arise.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Apologies to everyone else, it appears Xue is having trouble following so I will repost my question -

Let us discuss a matter of great importance; some say the Beng Chuan from Xingyiquan is the most powerful punch in Chinese martial arts - what do you think? Try to answer in English if possible.

Now, on the matter of a challenge - I will defend my school wherever and whenever the threat may arise.

So Grandmaster....You never did tell me what the question was I did not answer...so, what was it

English.....oh yes.....because the mainland Chinese native can't speak or read Chinese. And I should warn you I have trained a lot of Xingyiquan...so I'm not sure you want to go there.....what style of Xingyiquan.....oh...and to help you out...Bengquan (Bēngquán) is the pinyin representation of 崩拳...any idea what it means...in english...should be an easy answer for you...it is on the internet if you look.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Let us discuss a matter of great importance; some say the Beng Chuan from Xingyiquan is the most powerful punch in Chinese martial arts - what do you think? .
I love it when people practice Beng Chuan and the rest of Xingyiquan. I applaud and encourage other people to do this. When that is what they practice, it just makes it easier for me to beat the crap out of them.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Reminds me of a time when I had a knock at the door to my temple. It was a Scout of Girls. She said warrior, "for a small pittance I shall provide thou with great sustenance", yet thy coffers were empty. Later I learnered, that the Scout of the Girl provided the Johnson Clan across the street with a wonderful feast of Samoas and Thin Mints. And for that feast the Scout of Girls earned a great badge of merit from her clan. It too was an uplifting story.
Well played sir. Well played.

OP
M

MonkgWong

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have trained extensively in Hebei Xingyiquan, and yes - I do want to 'go there'. Xue Sheng we are all very impressed at your Pinyin skills, maybe time to give it a rest and discuss martial arts rather than attempting (and failing at) linguistic foolery?

While some on this forum are highly skilled at typing about Xingyiquan, I will tell you about a time I used it. I was a youngling and got into a fight with a Tanglang-quan fighter. He was nimble and agile, with pin point accuracy to his strikes. He threw a punch at me, which I countered with a Pi Chuan and followed through with a Beng Chuan, knocking him off his feet.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Let me relate the story of when I was in China on a mission to avenge the death of my master. Or was it my third cousin once removed? Anyway, I flew into Beijing...or was it Oklahoma? I always get those two places confused. I’m pretty sure it was Beijing. But it might have been Oklahoma. I’ll have to look at the photos I took of my trip and see it it jogs my memory. At any rate, once I landed I needed to see a guy about a dog...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have trained extensively in Hebei Xingyiquan, and yes - I do want to 'go there'. Xue Sheng we are all very impressed at your Pinyin skills, maybe time to give it a rest and discuss martial arts rather than attempting (and failing at) linguistic foolery?

While some on this forum are highly skilled at typing about Xingyiquan, I will tell you about a time I used it. I was a youngling and got into a fight with a Tanglang-quan fighter. He was nimble and agile, with pin point accuracy to his strikes. He threw a punch at me, which I countered with a Pi Chuan and followed through with a Beng Chuan, knocking him off his feet.

What color is the sky in your Wuxia world?

NIce use of the terminology, do you actually know what Bengquan and Piquan are and the various applications?.

I'm enjoying you complete lack of understanding of all things Chinese, China and Chinese martial arts and your Wuxia you want us to take as fact

Any true Chinese person could have and would have easily answered and responded to any Chinese I posted and easily put all this to rest

Whoopie doopie, I knocked a Southern white crane guy down with piquan....so far, Grandmaster, I am unimpressed, and certainly not believing any of your Wuxia

OP
M

MonkgWong

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Yes I do know the application of Bengquan and Piquan - did you not understand my story? Give it another read - apologise I didn't write in in Chinese with Pinyin, but I thought seeing as this is an English language forum I'd stick to English.

It was Northern Mantis not Southern White Crane - how embarrassing, you don't know what Tanglang is...

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

This one time, at band camp...

OP
M

MonkgWong

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Anyway, let's discuss something that has been on my mind recently.

Do any of you train Golden Bell?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Yes I do know the application of Bengquan and Piquan - did you not understand my story? Give it another read - apologise I didn't write in in Chinese with Pinyin, but I thought seeing as this is an English language forum I'd stick to English.

It was Northern Mantis not Southern White Crane - how embarrassing, you don't know what Tanglang is...

How embarrassing you don't know there is a Southern Mantis to Grandmaster...interesting you did not know that....and believe me, I am using Grandmaster in the same way I explained it to you on the other site you were banned from for this same unbelievable wuxia silliness

Your fighing story is incredibly un-impressive....and like everything else you post it is 废话 (fèihuà)...and since you have no idea what I wrote and since you do not speak Chinese and since you are no monk that can loosely be translated as "nonsense"....it is rather amazing that a peron who claims to have been a life long resident of Henan kinows no Chinese, no Chinese characters nor even what dialect is spoken in his alleged home province

And I seriously doubt you know one darn thing about Piqun, or Bengquan....or for that matter Huanquan, Paoquan and Zuanquan too.....

OP
M

MonkgWong

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
"Huanquan" - you're shown your true colours!! It's "Heng Chuan". I'd stop digging this linguistic grave for yourself if I were you mate; it's getting embarrassing.

It's interesting how you were unimpressed by my story, but five masters who were there were - and I quote - "blown away" by what they saw.

So, golden bell anyone?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Folks,
A few thoughts before actions need to be taken...

Challenge posts are absolutely forbidden, and will result in an instant and permanent ban. We also have a rule about posting primarily in English...

While we frown on fraudbusting, when someone makes extraordinary, improbable claims that sound like they come from a movie... Well, it's not unreasonable for people to seek some support for those claims.

OP
M

MonkgWong

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Noted - I will post in English from now on and issue no challenge to anyone. I come in peace. Thank you for intervening.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
"Huanquan" - you're shown your true colours!! It's "Heng Chuan". I'd stop digging this linguistic grave for yourself if I were you mate; it's getting embarrassing.

It's interesting how you were unimpressed by my story, but five masters who were there were - and I quote - "blown away" by what they saw.

So, golden bell anyone?

You get that from the internet did ya.... you are so bad at this type of farce you know... it is actually 橫拳 Héngquán, which means Crossing Fist. If you spell it Heng Quan that is fine, but it is not pinyin or Wade Giles or the Yale system. It is purely english speaker way of writing it out…and I am willing to bet my credibility is much better than yours grandmaster...also better on that other site you were ban from

I'm unimpressed by your story because it is pure wuxia nonsense probably from a Kung Fu, Shaw Brothers, movie you saw

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Noted - I will post in English from now on and issue no challenge to anyone. I come in peace. Thank you for intervening.

Of course you will post in english, its the only language you know Grandmaster, You have not posted in any other language unless you copied and pasted it from my post and even then you had no idea what it meant.....funny a native of Henan knows know Chinese don't you think

Latest Discussions