wizard of oz.....

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
ok,fess up.....
who knows exactly where to start Dark Side of the Moon on the Wizard of Oz?
I know the whole story about how it was never meant to be....
But I HAVE done this in the past and it is still very kool to watch just the same.......
under the right conditions,that is
icon12.gif

I just can't remember if you start it at the Producers name or the Directors..
Or if I am even in the right ballpark.
The last time I did this..
I guess the conditions were a little too right
icon10.gif

Please don't quote me on this but I seemed to remember hearing this from a friend at work years ago. I believe you start after the last roar of the MGM lion. Thats just a guess. good luck with that and if you get the right combo, please let me know as I would like to try that.....Steve

I've yet to do this... what is more interesting that the Harrison Ford/ Ridley Scott sci-fi vehicle; Blade Runner is supposed to synch to Wish You Were Here album by Pink Floyd. That would be pretty cool as well.

what on EARTH are you guys talking about?

A while ago someone (probably enjoying a THC high), decided to watch the Wizard of Oz (presumably on video) ... while at the same time decided (for reasons unknown) to play Pink Floyd's album "Dark Side Of the Moon." If you are familiar with both, then play both at the same time.
Countless of people have said that the music/lyrics uncannily coincide with the movie (with volume off). Since then, people (with probably too much time on their hands) have found other music that coincides with popular movies.
This is a very popular and apparently true piece of folklore that was discovered who knows when. The web-page/site offered (above) explains more in detail.

It's just one of those freakish things that is either way farkin cool or just stupid coinencidence. If you have both (or rent the movie) then try it out... follow instuctions on the site and it should be an interesting experience... as I've said I've yet to do this... I probably will sometime soon.

For the hell of it.

MACaver said:
I've yet to do this... what is more interesting that the Harrison Ford/ Ridley Scott sci-fi vehicle; Blade Runner is supposed to synch to Wish You Were Here album by Pink Floyd. That would be pretty cool as well.

I heard Star Wars synchs well with the soundtrack to Star Wars.

Chobaja said:
I heard Star Wars synchs well with the soundtrack to Star Wars.
No, NO, NO! You got it wrong!
Star Wars synchs well with Lord of the Rings sound track,
Lord of the Rings Synchs well with 2001's soundtrack
2001 synchs well with The Last Starfighter soundtrack,
Last Starfighter synchs well with "Ben Hur"
Ben Hur synchs well with Close Encounters Of the Third Kind...
OK?? GOT IT?? Geez :rolleyes:

some people, ya know...

MACaver said:

some people, ya know...

Oh duh, you're right. I forgot all the basic principals.

Strangely enough the soundtrack to Heavy Metal works great with Gone with the Wind.

Chobaja said:
Oh duh, you're right. I forgot all the basic principals.

Strangely enough the soundtrack to Heavy Metal works great with Gone with the Wind.
There ya go (slaps you on the head) now you're getting it! :p

MACaver said:

some people, ya know...
.... And somehow it all gets back to Kevin Bacon... *shrug*

:p

We tried to get the music/movie sync'd up in college, but never could get it right. Might try it again now that I have instructions. ;)

OUMoose said:
.... And somehow it all gets back to Kevin Bacon... *shrug*

:p

We tried to get the music/movie sync'd up in college, but never could get it right. Might try it again now that I have instructions. ;)

Sorry. but the Kevin Bacon game bothers me. Statistically, if you look at the population of the world, the whole world, not just actors, there is 6 degrees of separation. So, by making the population the size of all the actors in movies during Kevin Bacons life, you get a real easy turkey shoot. ;)

And I did not require any mind altering substances to enjoy the Wiz and Floyd at teh same time :ultracool

Rich Parsons said:
And I did not require any mind altering substances to enjoy the Wiz and Floyd at the same time :ultracool
Heh... nobody says you have to... isn't that a relief!?

MACaver said:
Heh... nobody says you have to... isn't that a relief!?

It was never an issue then, nor today, I do my own thing. ;) (* Could explain why I am single though :D :eek: *)

I agree with Mr. Parsons, it is good to point out that WoO and DSotM can be played at the same time and coincide with each other without have to be drunk, high or some combination of the two.

It's neat to do though, did it once over at a friend's house.

I would like to say thank you to all fo you for your help and the "synch" site is just to kool!
And I want to add.....
"conditions" are not needed nor encouraged.
Dark Side of the Moon is perhaps the greatest album of all time and is just a pleasure to listen to at anytime!
Personally...
I have been sober for 9 years and its still great!
Although,I did get a letter of concern from Jim Beam when I quit drinking......
icon11.gif

Oh yea...just to rub it in,
I am going to see Pink Floyd in thier first gig in 17 years with the original line up (minus sid barret,of course)
icon10.gif

Bammx2 said:
I would like to say thank you to all fo you for your help and the "synch" site is just to kool!
And I want to add.....
Dark Side of the Moon is perhaps the greatest album of all time and is just a pleasure to listen to at anytime!
Personally...
icon11.gif

I am going to see Pink Floyd in thier first gig in 17 years with the original line up (minus sid barret,of course)
icon10.gif
Congratulations sir on your 9 years of sobriety. Continued success and good luck! BTW after all this, you have the right to rub it in. Well deserved and have a great time. Keep us posted on the concert.......Steve

Bammx2 said:
And I want to add.....
Personally...
icon11.gif

icon10.gif

<nods to Kenpogeek> I agree congratulations on your 9 Bammx tis' not easy and I should know.
However I curse thee and spit at thee and salt the ground that thee walketh upon ... going to SEE the Floyd!??? The closest I'll ever get to a Floyd concert would be "Pulse" which is a great video by the way... (anyone know where the hell one can find it on DVD???).
I'll agree but not too strongly that DSOTM is a great album (I personally like Wish You Were Here -- more).
Still a great band that's right up there with the Beatles, Led-Zeppelin, The Who, Stones, Beach Boys and so on.
Have fun at the concert... (pm me the details).

Latest Discussions

Back