Ready for your close-up?

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jenna said:
Now Frank, don't go all Clark Kent on me. Nothing better for our Russ than a timely slap from a real man!! Ha! Oh, I'm having one of my moments: picture it - "The Man with the Golden Sticks". Oh yeah! Coming atcha!

Yr most obdt hmble svt,

Jenna

No worries! Clark Kent would make a quick change when the stick fight starts!

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jenna said:
Ah, touche, touche!! You got business acumen too. Damn, you all-rounders, LOL :D OK, I'll have to call my lawyer.

It ain't the years as in...
"It Ain't the Years, (It's the Fame)" or "It Ain't the Years (It's the Money)"

Ha! OK, I concede ;)

Yr most obdt hmble svt,
Jenna

It Ain't the years, (It's the Mileage)"

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
It Ain't the years, (It's the Mileage)"
Or in my case, "It Ain't the Mileage (It's the Condition of the Bodywork)". Poor me! Ok, it's your film but I can see you're gonna be a handful on set. I'll need to have words with security to keep an eye on you missy ;)

Yr most obdt hmble svt,
Jenna

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jenna said:
Or in my case, "It Ain't the Mileage (It's the Condition of the Bodywork)". Poor me! Ok, it's your film but I can see you're gonna be a handful on set. I'll need to have words with security to keep an eye on you missy ;)

Yr most obdt hmble svt,
Jenna

Oh yeah, I'm a pistol! :2pistols:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jenna said:
Hello all my lovely Martial Talk friends!

I'm in a reflective mood this morning, just idly people-watching while sitting here having a coffee. I'm wondering what all these good people do, what problems they've got, what makes them laugh, what direction their lives move in. I believe that every single one of us without exception has got a great life story to tell, so...

Imagine I'm a commissioning producer. I've seen you around and I'm proposing to make a movie biography of you. I charge you with casting your own lead. Who gets the starring role? And why? It doesn't matter who you choose past or present. As your imaginary producer having such great conviction in your story, I can pull unfathomably big strings.

Me? Conceited I know but I'd love to be played by Jodie Foster back in her Accused / SotL days. A clever actress and a strong-willed, smart and pretty woman. That's basically everything I'm probably not. Though it doesn't stop me aspiring!

Of course it'd have to be a computer-shrunk, wig-wearing Steven Seagal for the action scenes, ha!

I would love to hear from you.

Yr most obdt hmble svt,
Jenna

I thought they already made a short of my life. It was part of the Sin City Movie. The actor Mickey Rourke who played Marv. ;)

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
I thought they already made a short of my life. It was part of the Sin City Movie. The actor Mickey Rourke who played Marv. ;)
A future classic I'd have absolutely no doubt. Marv was something else altogether. I can't remember the name of the original artist, but how on earth did he dream up that character? What a piece of work. I know he can box but who said Rourke couldn't act? Though what was that odd Van Damme one with the scene with the tiger??

Anyway, top film. And that was about you? OK, how about a sequel? I'll give you merchandising rights? Come on, what'll it take? ;)

Yr most obdt hmble svt,
Jenna

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Mine would be easy. Either John Pinette or Louie Anderson. Anyone who's met me will understand. *nods*

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jenna said:
A future classic I'd have absolutely no doubt. Marv was something else altogether. I can't remember the name of the original artist, but how on earth did he dream up that character? What a piece of work. I know he can box but who said Rourke couldn't act? Though what was that odd Van Damme one with the scene with the tiger??

Anyway, top film. And that was about you? OK, how about a sequel? I'll give you merchandising rights? Come on, what'll it take? ;)

Yr most obdt hmble svt,
Jenna

Shhhhh!

The Prequal is in the works. ;)

Imagine four guys sitting a theatre, and this whole movie (* Sin City *) is about violence and fighting of different styles and about different characters pain and their growth or lack there of.

The audience is about half full.

When Marv starts to fight the Door Men, I yell, "YES!, Finally someone who knows and has been there."

None of the crowd laughs.

None of the crowd comments.

My Friends just look at me.

Then they bust out into the quiet giggles of guys trying not to make noise or laugh at another guy who could hurt them.

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
OUMoose said:
Mine would be easy. Either John Pinette or Louie Anderson. Anyone who's met me will understand. *nods*
Man, you're making it difficult for me :) Now those are what I call esoteric choices, still, two cuddly and very funny guys.
I think I actually caught Louie some time back in London at the Comedy Club before all the tabloid stuff.

OK, so what're we talking, a martial arts comedy? A bagfull of one liners. Picture this, I'm seeing our man Sammo Hung as stunt double and since I know ol Louie had a walk-on in Ferris Bueller, well we gotta get the Ferrari 250GT in there too. SO that's telling me it's gonna be a road movie, Cannonball Run style, hey, wasn't Jackie Chan in that? Yeah, call him up, get Burt Reynolds too if he's still alive, we can have the racers drive through the woods to a rocked up version of Dueling Banjos. Man, this is gonna be big... Whatdya mean this is supposed to be a biography? You telling me it didn't happen like that? Somebody get me a cigar, LOL
btw, that avatar's a blast :D

Yr most obdt hmble svt,
Jenna

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Shhhhh!

The Prequal is in the works. ;)

Imagine four guys sitting a theatre, and this whole movie (* Sin City *) is about violence and fighting of different styles and about different characters pain and their growth or lack there of.

The audience is about half full.

When Marv starts to fight the Door Men, I yell, "YES!, Finally someone who knows and has been there."

None of the crowd laughs.

None of the crowd comments.

My Friends just look at me.

Then they bust out into the quiet giggles of guys trying not to make noise or laugh at another guy who could hurt them.

Ahh, you've researched the role, by randomly striking fear into the hearts of your pals. I see you've given this some thought already. Well ya know, I like that - you're a method man like Brando and DeNiro. I'm feeling your pain, you need to get rid of that actor's angst. This is gonna be some performance - but reel it in, don't be a primadonna!! Let Rourke do the acting, you can consult on hair and makeup!!

*checks out what Balintawak is* ... Damn it's one of those dangerous filipino ones with all manner of knives and sticks and stuff. OK, I jest, I jest. Have what you want, more groupies? More money? Fleet of limos to chauffeur in your collection of Nikes?? Anything! Anything but the sticks! Don't hurt me, I'm your producer, I can help you... Aaaaaargh.

It was all a dream. Now, just sign this contract, right here ;)

Yr most obdt hmble svt,
Jenna

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Swordlady said:
Lucy Lui. No contest. :D
Lucy Liu I like that - seriously good choice! Just the right balance of attitude, glamour and action. Your choice is speaking to me SL!!

OK then, well it's gotta have some major Siamese action, maybe a little artistic license: set in space, the future? How's that grab you? OK, OK, get this, the future like totally ruled by cat people, all gorgeous and knowing it. Someone has to stop them, yep, it's you SL!

Well, that's sort of how your life's panned out, right? Oh, come on, work with me here, ha! Just joking, don't cut me, don't cut me! Mark it well Swordlady, I'm your producer, I can make and break careers! Uh-oh, no, no, not the lightsaber... Damn, that thing really works...

Stop me SL, I'm sort of losing it here right in front of everybody and you're not helping by hitting me with the butt of that sword. Ouch ;)

Yr most obdt hmble svt,
Jenna

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jenna said:
Ahh, you've researched the role, by randomly striking fear into the hearts of your pals. I see you've given this some thought already. Well ya know, I like that - you're a method man like Brando and DeNiro. I'm feeling your pain, you need to get rid of that actor's angst. This is gonna be some performance - but reel it in, don't be a primadonna!! Let Rourke do the acting, you can consult on hair and makeup!!

Yes there is a method to my maddness. ;)

Well of course we have to talk hair! He has to use just the right colour and I have just the box for it. Loreal Paris 21 :D

Jenna said:
*checks out what Balintawak is* ... Damn it's one of those dangerous filipino ones with all manner of knives and sticks and stuff. OK, I jest, I jest. Have what you want, more groupies? More money? Fleet of limos to chauffeur in your collection of Nikes?? Anything! Anything but the sticks! Don't hurt me, I'm your producer, I can help you... Aaaaaargh.

I see you have been talking to my friend Paul aka Tulisin. :lol: He thinks I hate all women. I do not I just fear them as any wise man should.

Jenna said:
It was all a dream. Now, just sign this contract, right here ;)

Yr most obdt hmble svt,
Jenna

What! 75%, Hey now, My "ex' did not get that much out me. :roflmao:

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Yes there is a method to my maddness. ;)

Well of course we have to talk hair! He has to use just the right colour and I have just the box for it. Loreal Paris 21 :D
Ha! Man, you do comedy too - ANOTHER allrounder *envious eyes* Ok, but that doesn't hold any sway with me fella! I'm the boss here. I'll call the shots - or is that the director? *remembers what Balintawak is* OK, well, since you're being such a good boy and not a primadonna at all, don't mind if I ship you in a crate of Loreal Paris 21? Though, I'm thinking lovvy, now that I look at you, will you be really upset and angry if I could only get number 6? I really think you'd suit that better darling ;)

Rich Parsons said:
I see you have been talking to my friend Paul aka Tulisin. :lol: He thinks I hate all women. I do not I just fear them as any wise man should.
Yes, a dark robed man on horseback gave me a scroll warning me of the terror that calls himself Rich Parsons, no hang on, let me read that again, nope, it says Keyser Soze, sorry. I'm confused. It's the late hour. LOL. Oh, hold on, there's another bit. blah, blah, blah, Keyser Soze, who was killed in battle by... damn, I can't believe it... was killed in battle by Rich Parsons *ominous music in the background*, *a distant scream*

Rich Parsons said:
What! 75%, Hey now, My "ex' did not get that much out me. :roflmao:
RP, when this prequel hits the theatres, man you can tell your ex she's welcome to call you anytime at your villa in Hawaii or your pad in Beverly Hills.

Yr most obdt hmble svt,
Jenna

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jenna said:
RP, when this prequel hits the theatres, man you can tell your ex she's welcome to call you anytime at your villa in Hawaii or your pad in Beverly Hills.

Yr most obdt hmble svt,
Jenna

I see you have the same plans I do on the subject. Live your life and enjoy it and just have fun.

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
I see you have the same plans I do on the subject. Live your life and enjoy it and just have fun.
Until somebody clever shows me a better way :) Yak atcha L8r my man.

Yr most obdt hmble svt,
Jenna

Latest Discussions