Anime Recommendations?

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Armatage the III (cool sci-fi cop drama)

Dirty Pair (bounty hunter space opera)

Riding Bean (Hey, its set in Chicago.)

The Unedited Directors cut of KITE (If you have ever seen, and liked, the movie "The Professional" this is for you)

Mad Bull (Adult oriented, lots of blood, comedy and sex...)

Saber Marionette J (Kinda chicky, but ok)

Slayers (Dungeons and Dragons Comedy)

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Master of Blades said:
Just DONT watch Cowboy Bebop :2xBird2:
blasphemy....that's one of my favorites...why didn't you like it...and don't say the ending cause the ending wrapped everything up...and if you haven't seen Knockin' on Heaven's Door...then...well...go see it!

Xequat

Black Belt
Reaction score
I kinda liked Fist of the North Star. It's a little old, but still pretty good. Of course, Ghost in the Shell, too...kinda Matrixey. As far as TV goes, I liked Evangelion which is about a bunch of gigantic robots operated by super kids. The other one I like is Ranma 1/2. It's pretty funny. This guy fals into a magic water pool and now when he gets hit with hot or cold water, he changes into a male or female. There are characters that don't know about the problem but they've met both the male and female versions, so they might love the boy but hate the girl. It's different. They made TV shows and movies.

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ghost in The Shell's a goodie...now I gotta see the sequel....also liked Guyver, the OVA's and the Data series...hell, even the live action movies weren't bad, of course the second is much better than the first.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Xequat said:
Of course, Ghost in the Shell, too...kinda Matrixey. .

Ghost in the Shell is "Kinda Matrixey" Cuz the Wachowski brothers originaly planned the Matrix to be a Live Action version of Ghost in the Shell...

They took the Anime to the studio when they were looking for funding and said "We want to shoot this as a live movie" and somehow came up with matrix instead...

M

Master of Blades

Chronuss said:
blasphemy....that's one of my favorites...why didn't you like it...and don't say the ending cause the ending wrapped everything up...and if you haven't seen Knockin' on Heaven's Door...then...well...go see it!

I dont know i'll be honest. Its just everytime I watch it its like :mad: I get bored easily, needs a lot to keep me interested :rolleyes:

K

KatGurl[v2]

Due to my young age, my taste in anime will seem more "childish", but I find that Chobits, Steel Angel Kurumi, Azumanga Diaoh, and Love Hina are the best so far. All but Love Hina is On Demand for Comcast, if you have it, that is. To get to it, you go to On Deamnd, then down to 'The Cutting Edge'. After, hit 'Anime Network'. :)

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
I thought Witch Hunter Robin was going to be better than it was...what the hell happened with that...

has anybody mentioned Cashan, yet...?

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What do you folks think of "Vampire Princes"? I'm new to this anime "thing" and it's one of the few I've seen. It is very, uh... interesting. I've also seen "Princess Mononoke" and "The Ghost in the Shell". It's really exciting to have discovered a new art form. I LOVED "Kimba the White Lion" as a kid.

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
And since this thread started, the greatest anime movie ever has hit dvd:
Spirited Away by Miyazaki.
Nothing can top that one.

AoG

Latest Discussions