Wing Chun powerless against aggressive boxers?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
lol. where are laughing emojis?

Use giffs They may require a bit more work. But the effect is worth it.

images

Reactions: KPM

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The dude can have an opinion. This isnt the Japanese martial arts section.

KangTsai

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
But I don't want to do boxing! Besides this I think that most of the aggressive bullies which attack people
would naturally do boxing. I don't want to go to a school and then meet these very people which I want to be able
to defend against. Yuck. I don't even want to see these creeps.
Depends where you live. Unless you live in a harlem or hood there won't be many "bullies." This is an unfortunate stereotype for western martial arts and most of the time, isn't true.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The dude can have an opinion. This isnt the Japanese martial arts section.

Haha. However if he wants to disrespect an style ( and that's not allowed on here) he'd better be able to back up his opinion. If it were MMA he'd said that about, you'd be there like a shot. 'Gee I'm glad I don't train MMA because it's useless'.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Haha. However if he wants to disrespect an style ( and that's not allowed on here) he'd better be able to back up his opinion. If it were MMA he'd said that about, you'd be there like a shot. 'Gee I'm glad I don't train MMA because it's useless'.

Neither is trolling. Which is discrediting him based on him being a 13 year old and not on his statement.
(Play the ball not the man)

But otherwise no. People can like or dislike any martial art they want. It is when their reasoning is wrong that rules me up.

If say someone dosent like mma because they think rash vests are stupid I am fine with that. If they dislike mma because punching people in the street makes your fists shatter. Then that is incorrect and I will counter that.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Neither is trolling. Which is discrediting him based on him being a 13 year old and not on his statement.

Why are you mentioning trolling? I didn't. I haven't discredited him either. I said, if you read it, that IF he wants to discredit a style he'd better be able to back up his opinion. Do you think he wants to be treated like a small child or as someone who can post his opinion and be able to give his reasons as an intelligent person?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Why are you mentioning trolling? I didn't. I haven't discredited him either. I said, if you read it, that IF he wants to discredit a style he'd better be able to back up his opinion. Do you think he wants to be treated like a small child or as someone who can post his opinion and be able to give his reasons as an intelligent person?

Look I understand that as a girl you don't get complex issues like martial arts. How about you leave this discussion to us guys.

(See what I did there?)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look I understand that as a girl you don't get complex issues like martial arts. How about you leave this discussion to us guys.

(See what I did there?)

Yep, misunderstood the context of what I was saying as it was you who was patronising the poster not me then you made a comment that had absolutely nothing to do with anything so embarrassed yourself........... again.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yep, misunderstood the context of what I was saying as it was you who was patronising the poster not me then you made a comment that had absolutely nothing to do with anything so embarrassed yourself........... again.

At 13 years old you simply don't have the experience to be able to judge any martial art not even your own actually.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At 13 years old you simply don't have the experience to be able to judge any martial art not even your own actually.

Well, has he? Of course he hasn't. That, as everyone but you can see is a true statement.
Stop making a fuss about nothing, you are obviously smarting from the verbal beat down by Chris and like the cabin boy kicking the cat have come to stir up trouble here. There's nothing to see here, the poster doesn't need you to speak for him, allow him to do that for himself.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, has he? Of course he hasn't. That, as everyone but you can see is a true statement.
Stop making a fuss about nothing, you are obviously smarting from the verbal beat down by Chris and like the cabin boy kicking the cat have come to stir up trouble here. There's nothing to see here, the poster doesn't need you to speak for him, allow him to do that for himself.

But conversation isn't sparring huh?

And no it is not a true statement. How old to you have to be to decide you like one martial art over another?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But conversation isn't sparring huh?

And no it is not a true statement. How old to you have to be to decide you like one martial art over another?

Like? yeah whatever. :cool: go find someone who will play these games with you, it's boring.

Latest Discussions