Wing chun in everyday life?

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Great story by the way Mook Jong man. Loved it. I don't think I actually used my Wing Chun in that way with a dog...There was a time when I was a teenage an I was going to this hunny house in the city. The kinda bad part of the city. But any way I walking up to house I had to park down the street because there was no parking spaces. They had like a little dog. It had mean bark. I am thinking if he bite me I stomp kick him in the head with other foot. I was like I just need a good shot smash his head in. The dog came running at me full force. When dogs come to me I always stick my hand out so they can smell me. The dog stiff me an stop barking. I guess he figure I was cool because I wasn't scared of him. So he followed me quietly to girls house. A guy on the porch was like what you do the my dog. Why aint he biting you. I said I guess he like me.

Another time my Sidai and I were sparring in street at my cousin's house. A dog which was little got out of his backyard an came running for us. I stood there thinking if he bite me I stomp his head. My Sidai(Younger Wing Chun Brother) Was thinking run. I kept my front to dog my Sidai started running in circles around a car at first. After fifth time around when he realize he wasn't being chased he was like why aint he chasing you. I said because I am just standing here. So he started circling around me the dog kept chasing him every once in awhile poor dog head would get caught in between my Sidai ankles an kind get step on a little. But he kept chasing anyway. My Sidai eventually got to tired for his fear of being bitten an he stop to rest. The dog just looked at him. I don't remember what happen after that.

A third time I was walking home form this park I was working out at. A big dog was not on his leash nor was he in his yard. He was on side street an saw me can running straight for me. He was big as hell. I don't remember what type of dog he was. The only thing i was thinking is how can kill him. A stomp kick aint enough. He ran up on me barking and growling and saliva was falling out his mouth. I looked him in the eyes at first. He didn't move forward. I stuck my hand out he came over sniffed me. Then he just looked at me no barking or drooling. Then he just walked away. I walked backwards at first until I felt like he was not going to come an bite me from behind. I was thinking I might not be able to kick him hard enough to damage him unless I can pin him on the ground some how. if he bite my hand I am going to stick my thumb nail in his eye an claw it out an try to stick my fingers of my other hand in throat using the pain claw through his neck. Or flip him over while he attached to my arm an smash his balls with my feet.Or kick him with the toe of shoe several times in stomach and kidneys. Thats was my over all plan when I was standing toe to toe with this big dog with huge teeth growling and snarling and drooling spit out of his mouth.

I praise Yahuwah that I didn't get bitten any of those times!

Hallel Yahuwah Ha ElYon

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't like hurting dogs so a tactic I have used with success is to pretend to pick up a rock of the ground and throw it at them , only works a couple of times though before they cotton on to the fact that your not really picking up anything .

There was one instance where I had no choice but to hurt one , it was when our old dog got out our yard and went wandering around the neighbourhood .

I eventually found him , put the old bloke on the leash and we started walking back home .

We passed this one house in particular and this big Rhodesian Ridgeback come charging out to the front yard of this house and there was no fence to keep the monster in .

He proceeded to clamp his jaws around the throat of our old dog Trigger , lucky the old boy had a lot of thick fur and baggy skin around his neck otherwise he would have been a goner and he was too old to put up much of a fight .

If Tito Ortiz was a dog he probably would have looked a lot like this one that was trying to kill our dog , anyway I didn't even have time to think or panic i just hook kicked it straight in the rib cage .

To my astonishment the thing just dropped straight onto the lawn and let go of Trigger's neck , I thought I would have at least had to kick it a few times to make it let go , because you read these stories about these types that lock there jaw and withstand blows to the head with steel bars and what not before they release there hapless victim .

Old Trigger went onto live for a couple of years after that and died of old age , I guess that afternoon we were just very lucky .

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Oh Excellent story. In my case the dog was like almost at Chi Sau range. He was between foot and knee distance. So I know if I bent all way over if the dog wanted to he could charge for my neck. I try to remain standing. I only bow a little so the big dog could sniff my hand. I never try to get in compromising posistion with dogs. They are animals so they are unpredictable.

But I understand what you mean. I rather hurt a dog than to play around with it. I don't mess around. Now if the dog was further away I could see that. But I know dogs get angry sometimes when they feel threaten by rocks or guns. Like for instance if you point a gun,water gun or bb gun at a dog he will start barking its like they know they are in danger.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've already used wing chun, plenty, when it comes time to make decisions in life. By that I mean, I look for the most direct approach, remain relaxed when making important decisions and focus on remaining stable. This has helped a lot.

Well, today I used a different approach when confronted with a slight issue. I inserted the correct change, into the vending machine, for a honey bun. I was really hungry :D. Anyways as it was making its way towards the glass, instead of falling, it decided it wanted to grab on and hold for dear life. So, I'm standing there looking at, distraught, hoping that no ones around cause I'm gonna blast this sucker. HA. The coast is clear so I put my hands uptop and try leaning into it. DOH, its bolted to the floor. Notta problem, a few smacks to the front and she's sure to fall. That didn't work either because the front of the machine is on a hinge and gives a little do to the small gap between the door and the machine. WC popped into my head and I thought "I wonder if...". I squared up to the corner of the machine so that it's 90 degree was pointing towards the tip of my triangle and I got on my horse. I placed my palm on the corner of the door and leaned forward and back to find my center. Once I had a good structure, I pressed the door against the machine to close the gap and began the process. First the feet went left, knees, hips, shoulders BAM!! The honey bun shot out of its place, hit the glass and is now in a better place. Thank you WC for being there when I needed you :D lol

Well, I realize the second half of the post was for humor, but I do appreciate the sentiment of the first paragraph. I tried sharing a similar thing in another post. WC has changed my approach to all aspects of life.

Latest Discussions