Wilderness Survival: Mining & Forging

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It is clear that you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA the properties of different metals and how they are mined and extracted and how they are worked and all most definitely are not done in the same way.

I suggest you go read some books on the topic to gain a rudimentary understanding of what it even is that you are talking about, unless that somehow violates your notion of being a self-made man. In which case you will wander around in the dark until you grow old and die.

OP
Zumorito

Zumorito

Green Belt
Reaction score
You're right; I don't have any idea. I noted that earlier. Why do you think I'm asking around? Why do you sound so hostile?

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Okay, this is enough to pull me back online… and it's time for this to stop.

"Zumorito", whoever you are, one thing is patently obvious. You either are trolling, or you are psychotically delusional. Nothing in your entire post, and nothing in this thread has anything at all to do with Koryu Bujutsu. Nothing in your entire post, and nothing in this thread has anything to do with martial arts. Nothing in your entire post, and nothing in this thread has anything at all to do with reality. Nothing.

My recommendation is that you either stop trolling, if that's the case. or you seek serious and immediate help if you think anything you've posted here at all is in any way realistic, rational, or sane.

That said, I'm going to pull apart your initial post, and point out just how far from reality you are… which should tell you why Flying Crane and others are asking if this is a serious post.

I'm pursuing the Japanese warrior arts because I seek to become invincible.

You are not pursuing Japanese warrior arts. You have no idea of them outside of your delusional fantasies (do not, I repeat, do not get into your head that you are in any position to go to Japan and study Tenshinsho Den Katori Shinto Ryu. You aren't). And none, absolutely none of them would make you "invincible". Grow up, get help, whichever is more appropriate.

It's not because I want to fight or feel like a tough guy. I seek it because I want freedom. One thing which will help me on my path towards total self-sufficiency, are the elements of Metal.

That doesn't even make any sense. The only metal that can grant "freedom" is gold, and the only freedom it can grant is financial. Nothing here has anything to do with martial arts, Koryu, Japanese ideals and concepts, or reality.

Gold, silver, copper, bronze, iron, etc. I want to learn not only how to obtain metals from Nature itself, but I also want to find out how to do it using nothing but stone tools, at least at first, until I can use the harvested metals to forge my own metal mining-tools instead of using stone tools.

You can't. You don't have anything close to the requisite knowledge, resources, abilities, or anything else. And only using "stone tools"?!?! You do get that many metals are found in very minute amounts, and need to be smelted in order to make what we recognise as metals in the first place, yeah?

Stone tools however will be all I could reasonably use in the beginning though, because I refuse to buy pre-made tools that were manufactured by somebody else, because then, in a way, that company would be able to say "I helped make Zumorito a free man." and I just can't allow that on my quest;

Trust me, no one would make helping you on this "quest" a point of pride for themselves. And, mate, you're already free. You just don't understand what the term means.

I have to attain my own metal with my own hands using my own tools, and then I have to forge the new tools myself

No, you don't. It's lunacy and idiocy.

; the only thing I can receive from others, is Knowledge, as I have no other choice but to learn new things from sources outside of myself;

Then learn this. Your entire idea is fraught with a complete lack of reality, and only has any possibility of anything close to success if you're a manga character with blue tattoos in the shape of an arrow on your shaven head.

there needs to be input for neurons to connect in my brain, and I can't use my own brain's output as the input because...well, that's basically as useless as breathing your own air over and over,

Garbage. That concept is known as a thought experiment, and is how much of theoretical physics (for example) is conducted. Do you think that Stephen Hawking needs others to tell him everything, or is he processing things in his own head himself? Here's a clue… it's the latter.

it might work for a while, but you're not making any more new oxygen so, eventually, you're probably going to die of nitrogen poisoning….

No, it'd be carbon dioxide poisoning, as that's the dominant gas expelled, not nitrogen… really, there's nothing right in anything you're saying, even when you're explaining one bad and incorrect idea by using poor scientific understanding as an explanation…

I hear it's a pretty trippy way to go….

What are you on about?

anyway, that part doesn't bother me too much because whereas I may attain the knowledge from others, I'm still the one putting the work and effort into developing the skills for myself, so that I can keep my pledge to myself to not receive any gifts or items from others so that the life I build for myself is truly and fully MY LIFE.

Human beings are social creatures. That's the way we're designed to operate… within social constructs, with the community (village, tribe etc) pooling resources for the betterment of all… you're basically saying you don't want to be human here.

So yes...I seek knowledge on mining metals from scraps in the wilderness at this time, as well as how to forge them into instruments using stone tools. Thank you for your time, and hope to hear from you.

Give up any thoughts of this. Give up any thoughts of training in Katori Shinto Ryu. Your training background (as presented in another thread) is so full of issues and holes that I honestly believe that it's all part of a delusion you've created… perhaps out of something that actually happened, but just as likely not. My reading of your posts is that you have some major issues with the perception of reality, and, until that gets dealt with, I'm recommending removing you from the site.

This thread has nothing to do with Koryu Bujutsu, and as such, is entirely off topic here. It will be reported as such, and, hopefully, closed.

OP
Zumorito

Zumorito

Green Belt
Reaction score
You assume too much. I like my privacy.

Last edited:
OP
Zumorito

Zumorito

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'm not talking with you if you can't be polite. Think what you like. This conversation is over.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Son, you're in my wheel house here… this is a Koryu forum. You have posted a thread that has nothing to do with Koryu. You're posting delusional lunacy. And believe me, I'm being incredibly polite here.

OP
Zumorito

Zumorito

Green Belt
Reaction score
I thought that the shinobi were highly skilled in the arts of wilderness survival; farming and modern arts, making poisons from toads and puffer fish etc. Pioneering skills, self sufficiency. Maybe I'm just an idealist in an idea of ninjutsu that is by and large dead in modern society.Read the Shoninki some time.

OP
Zumorito

Zumorito

Green Belt
Reaction score
Which section would you suggest I discuss this subject matter instead?

OP
Zumorito

Zumorito

Green Belt
Reaction score
Which part is a delusion? Contact me privately if you want the full story, as well as evidence, and what qualifies you to be trusted with it. Everything stays between you and I.

OP
Zumorito

Zumorito

Green Belt
Reaction score
Anyhoo...Logging off for the day. I'll check back later tonight; I find it's best to leave a situation for a while before it gets too heated; opens windows for new perspectives to present themselves. Good day.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I thought that the shinobi were highly skilled in the arts of wilderness survival; farming and modern arts, making poisons from toads and puffer fish etc. Pioneering skills, self sufficiency. Maybe I'm just an idealist in an idea of ninjutsu that is by and large dead in modern society.Read the Shoninki some time.

Check out my signature, mate. And believe me, you're hardly in a position to inform me on such things…

But, more importantly, the ninjutsu area is not the koryu area (there are a number of reasons they're separated, for the record)… and even if there was some auxiliary areas associated with what are commonly referred to as "ninja", that doesn't make trying to mine your own metals with "only stone tools", or anything else you're talking about here in any way related to them, or to Koryu at all.

Which section would you suggest I discuss this subject matter instead?

I'd go with the off-topic area ("General Talk")… specifically areas such as The Locker Room (unrelated to martial arts topics, often light hearted), or, bluntly, the Comedy Cafe.

Which part is a delusion? Contact me privately if you want the full story, as well as evidence, and what qualifies you to be trusted with it. Everything stays between you and I.

The whole idea, your whole thread, your whole approach, your whole understanding and impression of ninjutsu, Japanese martial arts, Koryu, and so on. As detailed above.

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I think your idea of finding a meteorite and dipping it into hot lava from a volcano is your best bet for what we all hope you accomplish. Please let us all know how it turns out for you!

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You do touch on a concept dear to me. I am they guy that makes assault rifles black, and yes, I do wonder how many of my sight mechanisms are involved, in what ever stand off. :)

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Admin Note:
Thread moved to a more appropriate area.

jks9199
Administrator

ShawnP

Blue Belt
Reaction score
some how i just can't wait for Zumoritos reply.....[sits on edge of seat]:wideyed:

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Okay, this is enough to pull me back online… and it's time for this to stop.

"Zumorito", whoever you are, one thing is patently obvious. You either are trolling, or you are psychotically delusional. Nothing in your entire post, and nothing in this thread has anything at all to do with Koryu Bujutsu. Nothing in your entire post, and nothing in this thread has anything to do with martial arts. Nothing in your entire post, and nothing in this thread has anything at all to do with reality. Nothing.

My recommendation is that you either stop trolling, if that's the case. or you seek serious and immediate help if you think anything you've posted here at all is in any way realistic, rational, or sane.

That said, I'm going to pull apart your initial post, and point out just how far from reality you are… which should tell you why Flying Crane and others are asking if this is a serious post.

You are not pursuing Japanese warrior arts. You have no idea of them outside of your delusional fantasies (do not, I repeat, do not get into your head that you are in any position to go to Japan and study Tenshinsho Den Katori Shinto Ryu. You aren't). And none, absolutely none of them would make you "invincible". Grow up, get help, whichever is more appropriate.

That doesn't even make any sense. The only metal that can grant "freedom" is gold, and the only freedom it can grant is financial. Nothing here has anything to do with martial arts, Koryu, Japanese ideals and concepts, or reality.

You can't. You don't have anything close to the requisite knowledge, resources, abilities, or anything else. And only using "stone tools"?!?! You do get that many metals are found in very minute amounts, and need to be smelted in order to make what we recognise as metals in the first place, yeah?

Trust me, no one would make helping you on this "quest" a point of pride for themselves. And, mate, you're already free. You just don't understand what the term means.

No, you don't. It's lunacy and idiocy.

Then learn this. Your entire idea is fraught with a complete lack of reality, and only has any possibility of anything close to success if you're a manga character with blue tattoos in the shape of an arrow on your shaven head.

Garbage. That concept is known as a thought experiment, and is how much of theoretical physics (for example) is conducted. Do you think that Stephen Hawking needs others to tell him everything, or is he processing things in his own head himself? Here's a clue… it's the latter.

No, it'd be carbon dioxide poisoning, as that's the dominant gas expelled, not nitrogen… really, there's nothing right in anything you're saying, even when you're explaining one bad and incorrect idea by using poor scientific understanding as an explanation…

What are you on about?

Human beings are social creatures. That's the way we're designed to operate… within social constructs, with the community (village, tribe etc) pooling resources for the betterment of all… you're basically saying you don't want to be human here.

Give up any thoughts of this. Give up any thoughts of training in Katori Shinto Ryu. Your training background (as presented in another thread) is so full of issues and holes that I honestly believe that it's all part of a delusion you've created… perhaps out of something that actually happened, but just as likely not. My reading of your posts is that you have some major issues with the perception of reality, and, until that gets dealt with, I'm recommending removing you from the site.

This thread has nothing to do with Koryu Bujutsu, and as such, is entirely off topic here. It will be reported as such, and, hopefully, closed.

You are such a dream killer Chris. It is actually depressing to be around people like that. Rather than it being helpful. Just so you know.

Taylor Swift - Shake It Off

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

Hmmm...actually, if I were able to get a big enough chunk of iron off a meteor fragment, I could take it to the mouth of a volcano and find some hot-lava to dip the iron into....that ought to soften it up a bit haha; probably be a lot easier to mold into a hammer then, and a lot faster than just banging on it with a rock in the cold haha. ...And what an adventure it would be. :)

Meteorites aren't solid iron, the metals are dispersed within a matrix of stone, the meteorites with the highest percentage of metal have only 15-20% of their material made up of metal.

Latest Discussions