Why you should never be a bully

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Something for all bullys to learn from. Why it is not good to bully.

[yt]7COed1Og_pA[/yt]

Here is an interview also regarding the video above.

[yt]1AUCIVdSims[/yt]

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
This was all over the news over here. How that kid didnt break his foot/leg when he landed I will never know.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Video's been posted elsewhere on MT here - and yeah. You should never be a bully because you might get hurt like him. Not because it's wrong ... but because you might get hurt.

Well, I suppose if that's what motivates you.

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Video's been posted elsewhere on MT here - and yeah. You should never be a bully because you might get hurt like him. Not because it's wrong ... but because you might get hurt.

Well, I suppose if that's what motivates you.
Well I hope because it's wrong as well as you might get hurt.

risingfire

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I saw this a month back or so. As a former overweight child and the constant bullying was almost too much. I am glad he fought back. It makes me so mad sometimes!
Some kids try and try and cannot lose weight. Perhaps their parents cannot help because they don't know any better. But everyone has the right to come to school or work without being harassed. Can you imagine if it were a girl and they were making fun of her funny looking breasts? Or if they made fun of someone because their skin color was different? I do walk a path of peace and do not support violence, but sometimes I can see the need, and this poor boy endured way too much...I know from my own past. GOOD FOR HIM!

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
Casey looks to be about twice the size of the bully. Also Casey, to me looks athletic, to the point where if I were a wrestling or American football coach, I would be encouraging him to try out. So it looks like a case of David trying to pick on Goliath, only this time, David's slingshot was ineffective against the onslaught of Goliath.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I shudder every single time I see the video. I am so surprised that the little bully dweeb was able to get up and walk under his own power. But Casey just does not look fat, not in the US sense...but I guess he just has this peaceful nature. I hope he never looses that.

But I can't help but cheering for him!

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I always told my nephews growing up, "There`s a reason bobcats don`t hunt grizzly bears. If they caught one...things get ugly."

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
Casey looks to be about twice the size of the bully. Also Casey, to me looks athletic, to the point where if I were a wrestling or American football coach, I would be encouraging him to try out. So it looks like a case of David trying to pick on Goliath, only this time, David's slingshot was ineffective against the onslaught of Goliath.

Oftentimes though the bully can be smaller than the victim. "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog". When I was bullied as a child I was often bigger than the bullies but had a very victim-like mindset.

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oftentimes though the bully can be smaller than the victim. "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog". When I was bullied as a child I was often bigger than the bullies but had a very victim-like mindset.
Me too. I can remember a guy who bullied me in early primary school and he was smaller than me. I think it is more to do with the victim like mindset than actual brute size. In hindsight, if I had stood up to him, irrespective of the outcome, he would have just found a new kid to pick on.

dowan50

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Me too. I can remember a guy who bullied me in early primary school and he was smaller than me. I think it is more to do with the victim like mindset than actual brute size. In hindsight, if I had stood up to him, irrespective of the outcome, he would have just found a new kid to pick on.

Many times bullies have abuse issues of their own at home or from others. It forms a pattern and a need for them to act out and take out their abuse issues on anyone they feel they can intimidate as a way to exact revenge on the person who is hurting them mentally or physically. Humans just tend to reflect what we see or experience all the time hence generations of men abuse women and children because it was taught or done to them by father or grand father. With out intervention, training and counseling the cycle cannot be broken.

This is why traditional MA training with a educated Master in mental health issues can actually help change Bullies with MA training instead of making them worse as many people think.

Sad to say many Health Care and Mental Health workers develop poor health and mental issues simply from the working conditions over time?

Latest Discussions