Don't be a bully

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Something for all bullys to learn from. Why it is not good to bully.

[yt]7COed1Og_pA[/yt]

Here is an interview also regarding the above video.

[yt]1AUCIVdSims[/yt]

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What a lovely interview. I find it interesting that he answers the last question with "hang in there," rather than "fight back." What would you say to other kids who are being bullied?

An inspiring young man from a beautiful family. Nice to see the support behind him. We should all be so blessed.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know that bullies are bad and everything, but consider some people draw them like flies. My teacher teaches a concept where your attitude makes bullies not view you as a target. I like to think of it as invisibility. Bullies won't fear you, they just don't get the notion to pick on you.
Sean

SouthPaw

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I know that bullies are bad and everything, but consider some people draw them like flies. My teacher teaches a concept where your attitude makes bullies not view you as a target. I like to think of it as invisibility. Bullies won't fear you, they just don't get the notion to pick on you.
Sean

I agree with that; esp. after working with a bunch of hardass jokers. They say mean things but in jest; whether it's taken that way or not. Any sign of it bothering you eggs em on... but, it's all done in good fun. All of them are the products of their baby-boomer generation; times are different.. but pondering on that-- yeah, definetly makes sense that ones reaction to certain things may or may not determine whether or not they get further harassed or not.

-steve-

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Awesome! Oh man he really laid the smack down on that bully haha the street fighter video is hilarious.

shima

K3NPO
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good going for him, it's clearly a good case of self defense when he finally wasn't going to stand there and keep getting hit. This is the type of fighting I condone. Picking a fight for no reason should be avoided at all costs, but what he did here? Inspiring.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sean

There have been studies where criminals have been interviewed. Many admit to quickly being able to assess people from their actions and demeanor, whether or not they are potential victims. I don't think it is really invisibility, but seeing some people act as if they are afraid or unaware of their surroundings.

The interesting thing about the video to me is that when it aired on a local TV station, everyone was commenting unfavorably against the victim. Things such as violence is never good, or we need to teach our children there are better ways of resolving such things. Good grief!

I'm sorry if I offend, but that just seems like it is too liberal and utopian for me. We don't live in a perfect world. Why do people think you can just walk up to some kid who is constantly being bullied and tell him you have a better way? Then he will immediately change his whole personality because you have suddenly enlightened him? Whew!

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There have been studies where criminals have been interviewed. Many admit to quickly being able to assess people from their actions and demeanor, whether or not they are potential victims. I don't think it is really invisibility, but seeing some people act as if they are afraid or unaware of their surroundings.

The interesting thing about the video to me is that when it aired on a local TV station, everyone was commenting unfavorably against the victim. Things such as violence is never good, or we need to teach our children there are better ways of resolving such things. Good grief!

I'm sorry if I offend, but that just seems like it is too liberal and utopian for me. We don't live in a perfect world. Why do people think you can just walk up to some kid who is constantly being bullied and tell him you have a better way? Then he will immediately change his whole personality because you have suddenly enlightened him? Whew!
What if that kid got dumped on his head, and died? Then you may feel a little different.
Sean

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What if that kid got dumped on his head, and died? Then you may feel a little different.
Sean
I'm sure you're playing Devil's advocate or else why are we all training to defend ourselves against an unprovoked attack? If we hit someone, or even just push them, they could fall and hit their head. Should we never respond to violence with violence in case the person attacking us is injured? Sure, if the attacker dies or is permanently damaged we might feel sorry for him, but, hey, he started it!
:asian:

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think he reacted appropriately. unfortunately in most school districts in my state they very well might have both students arrested and taken to juvenile hall to await the decision of the DA as to prosecution for assault and or even aggravated assault. ...

this is the result of their so called "zero tolerance" policy... read NO THOUGHT OR EFFORT policy in reality! I think parents should be very upset by such policy's.

C Denny Run*

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I saw this when it first went public, and enjoyed what I saw. I was bullied around as a kid, so I could relate to his frustration. Bullies doing what they do, can change someones attitude for life. It's very sad, and a serious issue. If the victim of a bully has the balls, and know-how to retaliate, I say, kick his ***!

Latest Discussions