Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan_

Green Belt
Reaction score
No

Yes

Yes
There was 4 questions there, can you try answering all of them please? I'm not quite sure which ones you are referring to.
If that yes refers to taekwondo using weapons, I'm also very curious which weapons it has suddenly started using.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I suggest we all put this fellow on ignore, and eventually he will go away when nobody responds to his pointless threads anymore.

He wants attention. If you give it to him, even negative attention, he will keep posting more.

Heck no.

He is now my favorite poster. Can’t wait for his next thread

D

Deleted member 39746

don't leave it to the guys who know bro

Just call me if you want to know a few obscure martial arts that i have seen mentioned. African headbutters exist(ted) you know? :p

Just one thing i can say: If you want to do firearms training at least get a blank firing pistol or rifle. Or some second hand cheap firearm to shoot blanks out of if you cant find a cheap blank only one. I know marker rounds can be expensive but blanks are usually cheaper. More for the sake of anyone who doesn't know marker rounds and blanks exist or for people who dont know blank only weapons exist. (assuming you can actually buy firearms and blank only weapons arent regulated severely anyway)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1896855_10152013952104150_975053564_n.jpg

Gurkhas train TKD.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think you are wrong about the weapons though.

Taekwondo Originated in Spain by the conquistadors. Taekwondo is old Spanish for the art of the bladed foot and was created by the conquistadors tying blades to their feet and using them to stab and cut people when they kicked them.

It is widely suspected that this technique of bladed kicks is what the conquistadors used to exterminate the pigmy tribe of Peru.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just call me if you want to know a few obscure martial arts that i have seen mentioned. African headbutters exist(ted) you know? :p

Just one thing i can say: If you want to do firearms training at least get a blank firing pistol or rifle. Or some second hand cheap firearm to shoot blanks out of if you cant find a cheap blank only one. I know marker rounds can be expensive but blanks are usually cheaper. More for the sake of anyone who doesn't know marker rounds and blanks exist or for people who dont know blank only weapons exist. (assuming you can actually buy firearms and blank only weapons arent regulated severely anyway)
Don’t use blanks for firearms training. If you are training to shoot with the weapon, you need to go to the range with real ammo. If you are training disarms and the like ... people can be and have been killed by blanks at close range. Look into airsoft weapons for that sort of work.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Gurkhas train TKD.

I wasn't consciously aware of that.

What I am fully aware of is that if you meet a Gurkha, be friendly...

Edit: you do know there's going to be a "being a Gurkha will get you beaten or killed in self defence" thread/video soon, don't you?

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score

Edit: you do know there's going to be a "being a Gurkha will get you beaten or killed in self defence" thread/video soon, don't you?
Careful...

Even posting about gurkhas on MT can get you beaten or killed in self defense.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

One of my shift partners was a Gurkha, he was great fun to work with, his wife would bring curries in on night shifts for us all. The Gurkha recruits train TKD in basic training up here, they train very seriously as if they would like to kill someone. One of their TKD instructors would come down to work with us sometimes and we went up to spar with some of theirs, it was interesting. This is at the Infantry Training Centre Catterick Garrison, close to me.

now disabled

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Gurkhas train TKD.[/QUOTE]

Your giving him ideas lol .......post Baldrick pics lol then we all be safe

now disabled

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
One of my shift partners was a Gurkha, he was great fun to work with, his wife would bring curries in on night shifts for us all. The Gurkha recruits train TKD in basic training up here, they train very seriously as if they would like to kill someone. One of their TKD instructors would come down to work with us sometimes and we went up to spar with some of theirs, it was interesting. This is at the Infantry Training Centre Catterick Garrison, close to me.

Now they are seriously tough guys

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't carry any because i live in a safe neighborhood now. If i were to travel to dangerous areas however, i'd probably buy some.
So you live in a very safe environment yet you claim to be a self defence expert....yeah sure all your points are based on you heard a story about some guy losing a fight

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I don't carry any because i live in a safe neighborhood now. If i were to travel to dangerous areas however, i'd probably buy some.
So because you live in a safe neighbourhood, you don't need to have guns, but you advocate that unarmed defense is useless because apparently drive by shootings are a daily occurrence? Is there no contradiction that is too much for you?

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
So because you live in a safe neighbourhood, you don't need to have guns, but you advocate that unarmed defense is useless because apparently drive by shootings are a daily occurrence? Is there no contradiction that is too much for you?

But guns are useless because you can just run in a half circle and disarm them.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I suggest we all put this fellow on ignore, and eventually he will go away when nobody responds to his pointless threads anymore.

He wants attention. If you give it to him, even negative attention, he will keep posting more.
Where else am I going to get my entertainment? There are only so many Eddie Murphy, Dave Chappelle, Chris Rock, etc. standup specials on Netflix.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
But guns are useless because you can just run in a half circle and disarm them.

Well apparently that's because all gunmen just stand there thinking about something else and only pull the trigger randomly.

And they'll only hit you by accident...

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Where else am I going to get my entertainment? There are only so many Eddie Murphy, Dave Chappelle, Chris Rock, etc. standup specials on Netflix.

Expand your comedy mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions