Why Lajust or Adidas?

Poomsaeguy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I was wondering why the Lajust system was picked over the Adidas system?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you are talking about USAT than that would be a simple answer money. They gave the most to USAT so they are using it. It is probaly the same with WTF but I am not sure so maybe I should just keep to USAT.

OP
Poomsaeguy

Poomsaeguy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Just wondering seems like adidas would be more cost effective due to no socks.... but I saw a review on both a minute ago. Seems the blue tooth design that adidas uses has issuses. Just wondering.....

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok poomsaeguy I see your question fully now, Adidas biggest problem is any part of the leg, knee or shin will score a point. For that matter and hand forearm or elbow strike would also score. Daedo to me is the best equipment out there to bad so many are not using it.

Bagehot

White Belt
Reaction score
Ok poomsaeguy I see your question fully now, Adidas biggest problem is any part of the leg, knee or shin will score a point. For that matter and hand forearm or elbow strike would also score. Daedo to me is the best equipment out there to bad so many are not using it.
The WTF Competition Rules provide for penalties for such attacks. In our use of Adidas equipment, the use of illegal techniques is underscored by the fact that if they are strong enough to score, that signals to the Referee that they are likely not "inadvertent," and therefore deserving of the penalty. Without the ability of the Adidas to detect the power, such attacks are often ignored by the Referee. We see it as a "plus" for ring management.

-- Bagehot

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The WTF Competition Rules provide for penalties for such attacks. In our use of Adidas equipment, the use of illegal techniques is underscored by the fact that if they are strong enough to score, that signals to the Referee that they are likely not "inadvertent," and therefore deserving of the penalty. Without the ability of the Adidas to detect the power, such attacks are often ignored by the Referee. We see it as a "plus" for ring management.

-- Bagehot

Yes but first the head referee must see it as a illegal attack. Secondly I have seen so many that never was penalized for the illegal attack. At first I liked Adidas but then saw so many problems no matter how small they maybe. Not saying UnJust is any better, but Daedo seems to be on top of my list for what that means to anybody not much I know
icon10.gif