Whom on MT have you met?

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well I WOULD have been able to meet Mr. Ryer on last friday night. However I didn't have the $$$ to attend the Huk Planas seminar in which he drove to the studio to attend. Last night in class I was told Mr. Ryer was there then I said "rats" would have liked to have met him.

kid

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have known Upnorthkyosa for a long time. 23 years to be exact. (he's my older brother). But I have been living with him for the past 7 to 8 months and have got an all new percpective of him. I moved into his house with his family to shelter myself form old habits and get a grip on who I am and start appling myself to gain the skills needed for a healthy future. I am going to college and doing great I think that I pulled a 3.5 gpa this last semester. With upnorthkyosa's help I have been given a chance to start a new and healthy way of life for myself. There is so much more that has been brought to my attention by him and his wife, that i am so thankful for. They are such wonderful people; I really don't want to move out this summer. I don't know how I could ever repay this act of kindness. They went well out of their way to help my wayward self. I don't even know how to thank them properly. If you meet these guys, congratulations, you'll know what I'm talking about. I just thought I'd tell ya'll.

Kid

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
kid said:
I have known Upnorthkyosa for a long time. 23 years to be exact. (he's my older brother). But I have been living with him for the past 7 to 8 months and have got an all new percpective of him. I moved into his house with his family to shelter myself form old habits and get a grip on who I am and start appling myself to gain the skills needed for a healthy future. I am going to college and doing great I think that I pulled a 3.5 gpa this last semester. With upnorthkyosa's help I have been given a chance to start a new and healthy way of life for myself. There is so much more that has been brought to my attention by him and his wife, that i am so thankful for. They are such wonderful people; I really don't want to move out this summer. I don't know how I could ever repay this act of kindness. They went well out of their way to help my wayward self. I don't even know how to thank them properly. If you meet these guys, congratulations, you'll know what I'm talking about. I just thought I'd tell ya'll.

Kid
You're doing great, Kid. Just make sure you follow through this summer. I want to see you back in school in the fall. Have fun at your new job!

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
KenpoTess said:
Anyone meet anyone from MT since last year?
Hmmm... Datu Puti and arnisador at a seminar.... That's it.

Unless anyone's going to be in Ohio later this month to train with Guru Dan (Inosanto) - I might be there with some other friends from our school.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Feisty Mouse said:
Hmmm... Datu Puti and arnisador at a seminar.... That's it.

Unless anyone's going to be in Ohio later this month to train with Guru Dan (Inosanto) - I might be there with some other friends from our school.

I missed meeting SOMEONE, as they did not come with the rest of their club to an event ;)

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I did get to meet grimfang though! Did I meet anyone else from here for the first time and not realize it?

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:
I did get to meet grimfang though! Did I meet anyone else from here for the first time and not realize it?

I think you meet me also ;)

I meet Grimfang and Eric C - not usre of his Tag here, and some others recently.

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
I missed meeting SOMEONE, as they did not come with the rest of their club to an event ;)
LOL - Rich, I got to hear all about your late-night (late-morning???) training sessions at the hotel! Thanks for returning Epa all tired and stringy....grrrrrr!!!! :lol:

Seriously, it sounds like it was a good experience, I would have liked to see the Balintawak some more. I'm a poor substitute as a training partner!

I'd love to show up for the next one, it sounds like it went well. And I missed seeing Julie in action yet again. *forehead slap* d'oh! She rocks.

And I would like to applaud Steve for making the trip in near-sonic time. :D

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
jfarnsworth said:
Where is that going to be at?
It's going to be in Cinncinnati, I think. I have to check and make sure it's at the place I am thinking of, before I post mis-information.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Feisty Mouse said:
It's going to be in Cinncinnati, I think. I have to check and make sure it's at the place I am thinking of, before I post mis-information.

Well that's cool. I have some mandatory classes on saturday at the moment. It would be fun though I'm sure.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Feisty Mouse said:
LOL - Rich, I got to hear all about your late-night (late-morning???) training sessions at the hotel! Thanks for returning Epa all tired and stringy....grrrrrr!!!! :lol:

I did not mean to wear him out for you. ;)

Feisty Mouse said:
Seriously, it sounds like it was a good experience, I would have liked to see the Balintawak some more. I'm a poor substitute as a training partner!

It is all fun, not just Balintawak. :) I guess I owe you if we ever meet, for the above reason and complaint :( . . . :lol:

Feisty Mouse said:
I'd love to show up for the next one, it sounds like it went well. And I missed seeing Julie in action yet again. *forehead slap* d'oh! She rocks.

I like JulesK aka Julie. Not only do the women have to look out for her in the ring, but the guys do also, or they might have broken hearts. :)

Feisty Mouse said:
And I would like to applaud Steve for making the trip in near-sonic time. :D

I heard he travelled at Warp Speed, and occasionalt would slow down to Sub-light speed ;)

KenpoSterre

Purple Belt
Reaction score
i ahve met avpkenpo...hes my instructor. Just thought that this thread should be seen again. also if anyone is coming down to the springfield, missouri area or going to a tournament here pelase tell me. We could me up. :)

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have met:

Carol Kaur
Technopunk
Kreth
Bob Hubbard
Grimfang
Tim Hartman
Cebu West
hardheadjarhead
Swordlady
Arnisador
themark
Ace

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
It is just zDom (Scott) and myself representing Moo Sul kwan. I haven't had the privilege of meeting others of you personally. However there are a ton of you guys I would like to train with for a day.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've met Technopunk.

I want to make it to the next M&G, there are soooo many people here I'd like to meet. (Which means everyone has to attend!) :p

Latest Discussions