Thank You To Mr Perez!!!!

JenniM

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Just wanted to say what an EXCELLENT lesson we had with Mr Perez here in Exeter last night, I thorough enjoyed it!! - we spent an intensive few hours on footwork, stances, correct body alignment, surviving the initial assault, indexes and Mark experienced the very light "tap" that we all know and love and forgot where he was for a second or two!!! and YES, Kevin was there with the Camera lol!!! - IT WAS ALL JUST GREAT!! Time just flew by and I know we've all been busy writing in our Notebooks this morning! - We then went off for after-training supper to the local Chinese restaurant where we spent another couple of hours, Amrik made sure we had plenty of food and Chris provided most of the entertainment lol - lots of reminiscing of our time in LA with Doc, Ryan's Bar and exchanging of stories, some old that still make us laugh and some new, courtesy of Rod!! All in all a great family get together!!! - Today we are going for lunch, Rod and Kevin are spending the afternoon in the studio whilst Claire and I go do some retain therapy lol!! Tonight we are all going out for Dinner and tomorrow sadly Claire and Rod head back up to London - well that's if we don't kidnap them and hold them to ransom lol!!! There's just one ingredient missing from this otherwise perfect recipe.....DOC... WE MISS YOU!!!!! Now I've heard all about the Superbowl Party......I'm there next year!!

kenposikh

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yes siree,

it was a pleasure and a surprise to see Mr Perez in class on friday, the information and knowledge he shared was awesome and mind taxing.

The chinese meal I thouroughly enjoyed and so did everyone else I believe by the lack of food left and the messy table(at least we didn't order as much as we did in LA :)

Mr Perez it truly was an honour to meet with you and train with you on the saturday as well thank you and I look forward to seeing you again.

BTW the Surprise presentation for Mr Mills was awesome and certainly an emotional experience for everyone there. Congratulations Kev you deserved it.

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
JenniM said:
Just wanted to say what an EXCELLENT lesson we had with Mr Perez here in Exeter last night, I thorough enjoyed it!! - we spent an intensive few hours on footwork, stances, correct body alignment, surviving the initial assault, indexes and Mark experienced the very light "tap" that we all know and love and forgot where he was for a second or two!!! and YES, Kevin was there with the Camera lol!!! - IT WAS ALL JUST GREAT!! Time just flew by and I know we've all been busy writing in our Notebooks this morning! - We then went off for after-training supper to the local Chinese restaurant where we spent another couple of hours, Amrik made sure we had plenty of food and Chris provided most of the entertainment lol - lots of reminiscing of our time in LA with Doc, Ryan's Bar and exchanging of stories, some old that still make us laugh and some new, courtesy of Rod!! All in all a great family get together!!! - Today we are going for lunch, Rod and Kevin are spending the afternoon in the studio whilst Claire and I go do some retain therapy lol!!
You know this sounds really good to me. It is rare that my students travel and teach without me, and it is good to hear how they are doing when I'm not around. Of course I always know they would be great, but sometimes they just need an 'attractive' reason to do it. :) Wish I had been there for the Chinese food at least.
Tonight we are all going out for Dinner and tomorrow sadly Claire and Rod head back up to London - well that's if we don't kidnap them and hold them to ransom lol!!!
You can hold onto my daughter a little while longer, but I need Rod back home please. :)
There's just one ingredient missing from this otherwise perfect recipe.....DOC... WE MISS YOU!!!!!
Thank you, Your majesty, I needed that.
Now I've heard all about the Superbowl Party......I'm there next year!!
With all the students in attendance, and Rich Hale whom I hope will return next year, It's turning into the "Superbowl / Kenpo" party. My brother has been duly warned of the impending "British Invasion." :)

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
kenposikh said:
BTW the Surprise presentation for Mr Mills was awesome and certainly an emotional experience for everyone there. Congratulations Kev you deserved it.
Yes he does. I'm glad to hear I sneaked one in on him. He is the first ever outside of the home school, and nobody even gave it a second thought when the question arose. :)

OP
JenniM

JenniM

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Doc said:
Yes he does. I'm glad to hear I sneaked one in on him. He is the first ever outside of the home school, and nobody even gave it a second thought when the question arose. :)

You certainly did sneak it in on him - I kept the secret well - even the other guys had no idea of what was happening!!!!! It was a special moment and a great night that's for sure - I know Kevin has mailed you direct expressing his feelings on the promotion, which hopefully you've got. Looking forward to the Superbowl/Kenpo party!!!!!! XXXX

Latest Discussions