who is your favorite fighters in your art?

rambo balboa

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
to me my favorite boxers are :-
better answer with image ^^

muhammad ali

Muhammad-Ali-9181165-2-402.jpg

sonny liston
liston-sonny-66.jpg

george foreman
1215_large.jpg

joe frazier
250px-Frazier.jpg

mike tyson
Tyson_WBC.jpg

naseem hamed
Hamed_Naseem.jpg

evander holyfield
Evander-Holyfield34.jpg

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score
That depends what you mean by fighter. We don't have competitions in our art but we have an 11 year old girl battling cancer and she comes to class as often as she can. I'd call her a fighter definitely so I pick her.

rframe

Green Belt
Reaction score
I dont pay a whole lot of attention to MMA but I admit to being a Georges St-Pierre and Lyoto Machida fan because of their karate roots. Machida is rooted in my own style of Shotokan. GSP comes from a Kyokushin background and has a really great work ethic and positive attitude that I really admire.

603917_10151175005677669_376179293_n.jpg

LMKarateDVD.png

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am not sure I understand the question. The art I train in is used by some for sport, but it was not really designed for it. I do not train for competition. Some of the very best in it manage not to be there not only for the strike or grab, but the whole fight. So what are you asking? who is my favorite sports fighter? If so I do not have one.... there are many who are very skilled and well trained out there in many arts, I may know one or two but again not sports participants in general.

Uncle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
My art is martial arts. I don't feel limited to calling myself a Kung fu guy or a bjj guy or what have you. My favourite fighters would have to be out of MMA because I think it's the most free ruleset and does e most justice to martial arts as a whole. So that said my favourite fighters would be:

Anderson Silva
Because he's hard to hit, nigh impossible to get to the ground and even if you do you aren't causing any damage before he gets up, sweeps you, or on the rare occasion submits you. I'm also a fan of the old school of MMA fighters who came from the more brutal pride rules allowing head kicks and stomps.

Chuck Liddell
Because I always loved the way he kept pressure. Even when he wasn't striking it was like people were staring down a lion. Also I think the first time I got really interested in martial arts as a whole rather than just what I was training at the time was when I saw him knock someone out while moving backward with his feet off the ground.

GSP
Because he's Canadian and, like Anderson Silva both incredibly skilled and incredibly humble. I also love how well he manages to integrate the bjj and wrestling. Very few people can move so fluidly on the ground in addition to his very fluid, smooth, striking game

Masahiko Kimura
In my mind one of the hardest fighters ever. His judo and his wrestling were top notch and he fought catch wrestling matches, back when judoka did so, which were essentially no holds barred against very strong opponents for the day. As the Japanese say "no one before Kimura, no one after." That man trained brutally.

Rickson Gracie
His skill and conditioning have always been top notch and like the other fighters in the list he is both a martial artist and a fighter who would take on incredible challenges in NHB matches.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
to me my favorite boxers are :-
better answer with image ^^

muhammad ali

sonny liston

george foreman

joe frazier

naseem hamed

evander holyfield
So basically all the really famous boxers? Gotcha. This question isn't really all to applicable to other styles, especially if youre just going to look at the people famous for the best records and not someone personal or the founder or something. Favorite boxer is Tyson, favorite fighter is St-Pierre and cheick kongo, but neither are from my art.
As an actual answer to your question...my favorite fighter in my art is...me. I am a fighter, I practice my art, and I happen to be quite fond of myself.

Latest Discussions