Who in your family besides you also study martial arts?

Who in your family besides you also study martial arts?

• No other family members

• One or more of my children

• My parent(s)

• My spouse

• My sibling(s) [brother(s) and/or sister(s)]

• More than one immediate family members [parent(s), spouse, child(ren), and/or sibling(s)]

• Other relatives [uncle(s), aunt(s), cousin(s) and/or grandparent(s)]

• Both immediate and extended family members (combination of 6 & 7)

Results are only viewable after voting.

redfang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
My wife trains kenpo with me. She's not much into shootfighting though. Recently, we haven't been training at all. I just moved and haven't had too much success in getting ahold of the local kenpo guy. I kind of want to move to BJJ but she is determined to stay with kenpo. Anyhow, until my job slows down we are better established here, the whole thing is kind a moot discussion. Luckily, my job training encompasses a lot of PT and defensive tactics.

Kamaria Annina

Green Belt
Reaction score
I guess my uncle, whom I don't know very well is involved in Tae Kwon Do, according to my father. My younger brother has been involved in Tae Kwon Do for about half a year.

Our family however, has had a bit of 'fighting' sports sometime throughout their life. My dad touched a little bit on martial arts while in the military. And his whole side of the family has been in the military. My mom, and her grandfather both trained in boxing.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Of course me, then my wife is a 1st Dan, my son's a first Poom, my 8 yr old is red black stripe and my 6 yr old is also a red with black stripe. My brother is a thrid Okinawa Karate my moms a second and both of my sisters are blackbelts my father is decease but he was a Grand Master in Karate and was a heck of a master drill sargent in the Old Marine corp. if I do not say old he'll rollover in his grave.

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
My younger brother and I study Kenpo together, he has just started a couple of months ago.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No one else just me, sad isn't it...

S

Shaddykat

Just me right now. My two boys started first, then I. After a few years of training they stoped, but I still continue to study.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I attend the adult class and my 11 year old son attends the childrens class. He is 11 years old and started when he was 9. My daughter tried a class when my son joined but it wasn't for her. She's more interested in school sports and acedemic clubs. My son and I LOVE our classes.

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
My wife and my two children!
My wife, Melissa, is pretty good. No 'dynamo' or anything, but working with her in Kenpo makes me feel more assured that she could handle violence were she required too.

My son (6) and daughter (4), it's more of a game that I play with them. We just have fun, but we have fun while Dad tries to keep them in 'Good form'. My daughter REALLY enjoys working with Clubs too. "WHACK"
:whip: (Little sister -> big brother)

Just got my son his first Gi too. He loves it.

Your Brother
Papa-John

Eldritch Knight

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Lone MAist in my family here. We have a pure warrior bloodline, but that's died down in the last few generations, it seems.

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Well it started with me, then my sister got into it, then my little brother...then my little cousin, then my best friend that used to be my cousin(Due to a divorce).........So where all MAists lol...it all started with me...well my uncle and aunt take TKD, but I don't train with them, nor do I take TKD. They kinda influenced me, but not entirely

Nanalo74

Blue Belt
Reaction score
My grandfather is a black belt in Miyama Ryu Jiujitsu and my uncle is a Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do instructor in upstate New York.

J

jjmcc

MY SISTER AND MY NEPHEW

They started a few weeks ago and are now becoming very commited and im very proud of them

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The secret to a long marriage...study separate arts in separate towns! Aikido and Kenpo...Smithtown...Huntington! :uhyeah:

M

MartialMom

Myself and my 5 kids are all in Kenpo. My Uncle and two cousins are all black belts in TKD, the two cousins both fought through the 80's in kickboxing and are both held world titles. My mother made Orange belt in TKD before she found out she was pregnant with me.