Who has tried P90X?

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Crossfit is by far better than P90X, but I am very partial to CF. I have done P90X and I found it to be pretty good. Some great variations of pushups and pullups to draw from. If you want a FREE set of workouts, go to the CF mainsite and start with the basic programming. It is always free and has some great variation for you. If you ever get tired of the mainsite WODs, give me a shout and I will guide you to some others that are crazy good.

As far as KenpoX goes, the guy in the back is a 5th degree BB in EPAK and helped with the setup of the workout. It is not intended to be a MA instructional, it is a cardio workout. Treat it as such.

astrobiologist

Brown Belt
Reaction score
As far as KenpoX goes, the guy in the back is a 5th degree BB in EPAK and helped with the setup of the workout. It is not intended to be a MA instructional, it is a cardio workout. Treat it as such.

That's exactly how I am treating it. The workout is on the level with a cardio kickboxing class taught at any local gym by an instructor with no experience in martial arts or kickboxing. Having no interest in training in bad techniques I choose not to do such workouts.

I still love P90X. I too like all the variations of pushups. Indeed there are a lot of fun exercises that I learned from P90X. I'm excited to see what Tony brings us for P90X MC2.

WCman1976

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I have done two rounds of P90X so far; the second one was done as a hybrid program with Insanity. Most of the workouts are an hour or less. The only one that goes over it is Yoga X (hour and a half). However, there is a variation on that called Fountain of Youth that is only 45 minutes. If you have the time to commit to them, then these are definitely worth investing in. It's difficult to say which one really gives the bigger benefit...P90X or Insanity. Lately I have been trying to introduce martial arts schools in my area to it because if you participate in tournaments, have a lot of forms, and do a lot of sparring, then you need the endurance. Tony Horton DOES talk too much sometimes during the P90X videos, but hey...that is what the fast forward button is for. To put all my cards on the table I will say that I AM a Beachbody coach, hence why I am happy to talk about their programs. However, this isn't just empty praise to get a sale. I became a coach once I saw the results their programs gave me.

shihansmurf

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thread necro at its finest.

I am P90X fan. The workouts are well constructed. The only issue I have with them is, due to several knee surgeries, I have some problems with the Plyo and the Yoga. I switch out the stretch x for the yoga.

Good workout plan.

Mark

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
Who has actually tried it.

I would really like to take my fitness to the next level, and I have heard a lot of good things about this "routine".

My favorite part about it is that it only lasts 90 days, and you can literally count down the days till your done with it.

So...your thoughts?

A colleague did it. I hadn't seen him in a while, but when I saw him, he was so skinny I almost didn't recognize him. He lost something like 30 or 40 pounds. He's on his third or more cycle. He says the diet plays a large part, but the workouts are also terrific.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I came across a competing program called the Supreme 90 Day Workout. It also uses a muscle confusion philosophy. The daily workouts are shorter than P90X, only 30 minutes approximately. This sounds appealing for those short on time, even if ultimately the workout might not burn as much calories as P90X.

I have ordered a copy of the program (only 20 bucks plus S/H) and hopefully I'll get a few ideas out of it for personal use and maybe for adding into my school classes.

Latest Discussions