Who are the best fighters of all time in your opinion?

Davidkratos92

White Belt
Reaction score
Do you agree with this list?
Fedor, Anderson Silva, Bruce Lee, Jon Jones, Floyd Mayweather, Mike Tyson
Who else would you add to the list and who would you remove?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Fighter in what, please? Their respective sports?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
some of the pioneers? Benny the jet. gene labelle?

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
3 MMA fighters, 2 boxers and an actor. What standard are you using to decide greatest? Best known names of the last 5 years?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well not Ali, since apparently buster douglas is better. Still trying to figure out how that happened...

Last edited:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well apparently not ali, since he's worse than buster douglas. Still trying to figure out how that happened...
Same thing people are saying about Buster Douglas and Mike Tyson! :D

Greatest fighter ever? I'd say General William Sherman.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Horrible Histories!
Boudicca" She was huge of frame, terrifying of aspect, and with a harsh voice. A great mass of bright red hair fell to her knees: She wore a great twisted golden necklace, and a tunic of many colors, over which was a thick mantle, fastened by a brooch. Now she grasped a spear, to strike fear into all who watched her...…"

-Dio Cassius (Dudley and Webster, 54)

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think this is way to broad a topic. Example is it just sport? If not Antonio "Tatang" Ilustrisimo needs to be on the list. He was victorious in numerous duels and street fights in CMA and when the Arnis Association in the Philippines started having tournaments in the 70's he refused to participate due to the limiting rules challenging that anyone who wanted to fight to meet him with blades. There were no takers.

You then have an issue with time period. If you don't care Flamma has to be on the list. 1. Trained Gladiator. 2. Bad *** enough he was offered a rudius (a wooden sword symbolising his freedom). 3. Doubly bad *** because he refused it Everytime because he wanted to keep on fighting.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Same thing people are saying about Buster Douglas and Mike Tyson! :D

Greatest fighter ever? I'd say General William Sherman.
Look up at the bracket for Buster Douglas' next opponent. I started laughing when I saw it.

Also, my guess is miyamoto musashi, but as I dont even know the names of the best fighters since ancient civilization up till today, I don't say that with a huge amount of confidence.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Cú Chulainn, if we're talking Ireland, although Tez3 certainly makes a strong case.

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think this is way to broad a topic. Example is it just sport? If not Antonio "Tatang" Ilustrisimo needs to be on the list. He was victorious in numerous duels and street fights in CMA and when the Arnis Association in the Philippines started having tournaments in the 70's he refused to participate due to the limiting rules challenging that anyone who wanted to fight to meet him with blades. There were no takers.

You then have an issue with time period. If you don't care Flamma has to be on the list. 1. Trained Gladiator. 2. Bad *** enough he was offered a rudius (a wooden sword symbolising his freedom). 3. Doubly bad *** because he refused it Everytime because he wanted to keep on fighting.

Oh forgot Flamma was offered the ruckus 4 times.

justkool141

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
1 bruce lee
2 donnie yen
3 tony jaa
4 jet li

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk