Which Blade would you use

Razznik

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I wrote a similar post about this with only types of spears but in this one, you can choose any bladed weapon.
Let's say you were matched up with a gladiator in a fight to the death. You could choose any bladed weapon
(no revolvers please jobo) to fight against the gladiator. With which weapon would you feel the most comfortable with fighting the gladiator.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
319879.jpg

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You do know that you can only use the knife not the gun XD

No, I do not. You said any bladed weapon. That is a bladed weapon. You said nothing about only being able to use a portion of the weapon.
Are you going to restrict other weapons to only certain parts?

OP
Razznik

Razznik

Blue Belt
Reaction score
No, I do not. You said any bladed weapon. That is a bladed weapon. You said nothing about only being able to use a portion of the weapon.
Are you going to restrict other weapons to only certain parts?
That is true though. The weapon would count as a handgun, not as a knife because the knife is attached. And when you bought the gun (or if you buy it) it would say handgun with a knife, not knife with a handgun, right?

OP
Razznik

Razznik

Blue Belt
Reaction score
And the gun is called the "LaserLyte Pistol Bayonet KA-BAR Mini-Survival Knife Serrated Stainless Steel Blade with Quick-Detachable Picatinny-Style Mount and Polymer Sheath", right?

jaime_lion

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Big question what weapon does the other guy have? what training does the other guy have?

but to answer your first question a ballistic knife. Or a really really long spear.

OP
Razznik

Razznik

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Tweaking my answer 500 ballistic knives in a grid pattern fired at once.

What is the point of this thread? At least I was wanting info on a certain weapon. This is just asking some hypothetical what if scenario.
I asked this question because I wanted to know what users would do in this scenario, which allows me to get to know people better and their preferences and ideal weapon of choice. :)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wrote a similar post about this with only types of spears but in this one, you can choose any bladed weapon.
Let's say you were matched up with a gladiator in a fight to the death. You could choose any bladed weapon
(no revolvers please jobo) to fight against the gladiator. With which weapon would you feel the most comfortable with fighting the gladiator.
Katana. It's the only one I have even a bit of training in, and the only one I've handled with any regularity. I think other swords are probably superior, but not in my hands.

jaime_lion

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I asked this question because I wanted to know what users would do in this scenario, which allows me to get to know people better and their preferences and ideal weapon of choice. :)

Ok well I dont frequent here. I just came back to ask a few questions then will leave. This place along with allot of forums is dead. Anywho the only weapons I practice with are one I can carry every day. Mainly my OC spray and my Kabar knife and a baton. Nothing much else. I may dabble with fans or brass knuckles but at the end of the day that is all. I do not really see the point cause this scenario will likely never happen to me.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is true though. The weapon would count as a handgun, not as a knife because the knife is attached. And when you bought the gun (or if you buy it) it would say handgun with a knife, not knife with a handgun, right?
He's right. Your parameter was "bladed weapon". That's a weapon with a blade, hence a bladed weapon. You didn't specify "knife" (or any other specific weapon).

He's caught you on a technicality. Welcome to MT silliness. :D

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big question what weapon does the other guy have? what training does the other guy have?

but to answer your first question a ballistic knife. Or a really really long spear.
I assumed he was considering a spear as a "pointed weapon".

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tweaking my answer 500 ballistic knives in a grid pattern fired at once.

What is the point of this thread? At least I was wanting info on a certain weapon. This is just asking some hypothetical what if scenario.
Some folks enjoy discussing hypothetical scenarios. If you don't, they probably aren't worth you posting in.

Oni_Kadaki

Green Belt
Reaction score
Katana. It's the only one I have even a bit of training in, and the only one I've handled with any regularity. I think other swords are probably superior, but not in my hands.

Aikido includes some basic sword forms, so if I had to choose a traditional weapon, I'd go with a katana for the same reasons. But, my switchblade comes to mind as it's the only bladed implement I carry and use every day, know the balance of, etc. Plus, it doesn't limit my empty hand techniques.

Edit: Does it count if I mount a bayonet on a loaded M4?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

But then you immediately started changing the question. So perhaps it reveals more about you than us.