Whey Protein Anyone?

meth18au

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Exactly...once upon a time we were hunters and gatherers. What happened then? Humans would have eaten a diet consisting mostly of meats, vegetables, fruits and nuts. (i.e. High protein)

I myself use protein powders, mainly a whey protein mix of WPI and WPC. Brand is usually Vital Strength or NutraLife. They taste good, do the job, and ain't too expensive. Usually do 2 shakes a day, on top of my 3-4 meals.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The gym I belong to (Bally) sells a nutrition shake powder that I like. It's got 45 grams of whey protein per drink and I try to drink one a day as a meal replacement. I blend it with frozen fruit and soymilk and it tastes pretty good.

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I use two kinds. The GNC brand and Probolic-S/R. The Probolic is a slower digesting protein so your body uses more of it.

B

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Muscle Milk. The flavors are awesome, and their use of bovine colostrum components and medium chain triglycerides makes good sense for implementing the assistive and protective digestive functions of butyric acid to prevent gut stagnation and putrification.

D.

OP
Yeti

Yeti

Black Belt
Reaction score
I stumbled across this site the other day: www.trueprotein.com

Seems really cool. You can customize your order for your specific tastes. You not only get to pick the type of protein you'd like (whey isolate, whey concentrate, casein, etc.), but you can then choose your flavor, what sweeteners you want (sucralose, ace-k, stevia, etc.) and how you want it packaged. It's a little more expensive than your "store bought" protein, but not by a whole lot. I may give it a try when I run out of what I'm using.

Latest Discussions