Where to find tournaments?

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm looking for what tournmants could be near where I live (New Mexico) and I was wondering if, in general, there's a good site for find out what's scheduled coming up in various areas

Thanks

Spookey

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Fearless,

I also incourage you to contact each and every training hall around your state. Several of these schools (regardless of system taught) host open tournaments and/or can get you on mailing lists for style specific and open tourneys!

Also, if you are a member of an organization (ie. ITF, WTF, ITA, ATA, ATF, ect.) you may have access to state, regional, national, and even international tournaments through your organization!

TAEKWON!
Spookey

TX_BB

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Fearless,

I'd save your money until you get your green belt, especially if your an adult. Do in house tournaments and RCE events, with safety considerations at most places you may find you don't get a fight after laying out your $$$. If you really need to do it, try tourneys of 1000+ Texas State, So.Cal, USTU regionals at least you'll have a chance at more than 1 match.

Merry Christmas

TX_BB

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I wish they had a website that consolidated tourney information but I have yet to see it. Try the New Mexico State Association, El Paso and Ciudad Juerez should have some quality tournaments also. There's also Texas State and Regionals in Houston 1,000+ competitors (Fly Southwest).

Merry Christmas

Latest Discussions