• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Summer has arrived. things to do places to go . Vacations, beaches,mountians, beaches, pool halls, beaches. You cet the idea

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Summer is traditionally a slow period online. The majority of our members are in the summer period.

Also, posts go through cycles. Me personally, I've run out of things to say on many occations. Lately, I've been dealing with a lot more administrative tasks than I used to, and that takes away from my 'read the new stuff' time, ya'know?

I've also had about a dozen of the heavier posters leave, for many reasons, over the last few months. Some were booted, some quit and some are just busy.

Combined with many folks just lurking, plus many really sick and tired of certain recent events, it leads to a decline in posting.

Surprisingly however, traffic is again way up. We hit a new high water mark yesterday. The last 2 days have seen some of the highest post and thread counts in recent weeks.

So, I'm not worried. :)

Heres an idea: Go kick some new threads off. Make at least 1 new quality thread a day. Pick an area you know, put up a technique walkthru, explore the variations, and compare how you do it, with how someone else does, then open the minds and see the options. Some will want to argue. Ignore them. If they arent sharing but just saying you are wrong, what is their opinion really worth?

Or, go read the new magazine, and let us know what you think of the articles. Tell us what is good, and bad. We want the feedback. :D

:asian:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, did a quick stats run basically just July 1 to oh, 10 minutes ago. :D

Time Period July 01, 2003, 12:00:18 AM to July 03, 2003, 04:22:14 PM

We had 8115 visitors, transfered 1.24GB of data, and served 65,159 pages.

Not bad for being slow. As of my posting, we've got 172 people on the board right now reading. Thats a -NEW- record for us.

In addition, 285 downloads of MartialTalk Magazine have occured since it went live on the 1st.

We are jumpin! :)

M

Master of Blades

I dunno, it aint all bad, with most of the REALLY smart posters being gone it has made me sound even more intelligent in recent threads :D

OP
DAC..florida

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz
Summer is traditionally a slow period online. The majority of our members are in the summer period.

Also, posts go through cycles. Me personally, I've run out of things to say on many occations. Lately, I've been dealing with a lot more administrative tasks than I used to, and that takes away from my 'read the new stuff' time, ya'know?

I've also had about a dozen of the heavier posters leave, for many reasons, over the last few months. Some were booted, some quit and some are just busy.

Combined with many folks just lurking, plus many really sick and tired of certain recent events, it leads to a decline in posting.

Surprisingly however, traffic is again way up. We hit a new high water mark yesterday. The last 2 days have seen some of the highest post and thread counts in recent weeks.

So, I'm not worried. :)

Heres an idea: Go kick some new threads off. Make at least 1 new quality thread a day. Pick an area you know, put up a technique walkthru, explore the variations, and compare how you do it, with how someone else does, then open the minds and see the options. Some will want to argue. Ignore them. If they arent sharing but just saying you are wrong, what is their opinion really worth?

Or, go read the new magazine, and let us know what you think of the articles. Tell us what is good, and bad. We want the feedback. :D

great advise kaith, good to see the stats are up, maybe its just me!

I kinda like the different opinions even the arguing as long as it stays on the topic and no personel attacks come into play, I think that is what makes this site so interesting.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Its the personal snipes, shots and such that take the fun out of it. There are mature ways to disagree, and there are childish ways. I'm not perfect myself, but have made a concious decision to step it up personally.

:)

OP
DAC..florida

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Its the personal snipes, shots and such that take the fun out of it. There are mature ways to disagree, and there are childish ways. I'm not perfect myself, but have made a concious decision to step it up personally.

:)

Couldnt of said it better myself:asian:

T

TLH3rdDan

well personally im just sitting back and reading and waiting for the name calling and mud slinging to die down... seems like there are some good threads that get started and end in a battle so i stopped posting not that i really posted a great deal before lol

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well, over the past couple of weeks I've been sparring with my ISP, but, I'm still here! I just think those knuckleheads needed a few more axe kicks to the noggin' to get squared away... ;) :D

A

Angus

I've been out for a while, just because I've been so dang busy. I haven't posted in a month or two at least...yikes. Been so busy with work/music/martial arts that computer time has been at a low. I'm not exactly a big poster or anything, but still, it's probably the same for everyone else as it is with me. They'll come back! Nobody can stay away for long. :)

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Master of Blades
I dunno, it aint all bad, with most of the REALLY smart posters being gone it has made me sound even more intelligent in recent threads :D

Nope, that aint gonna happen.

--Dave

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ISPs tend to need a swift kick regularly it seems. heh.

Mine's a royal PITA.

As to MOB... don't pick on our fuzzy footed mascott. All the girls love (to talk) to him. :D

M

Master of Blades

ISPs tend to need a swift kick regularly it seems. heh.

Mine's a royal PITA.

As to MOB... don't pick on our fuzzy footed mascott. All the girls love (to talk) to him. :D

Exactly :eek:

M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by Judo-kid
I look but just not as much to talk about.....
:idunno:

Its true, even me, the king of pointless discussions in the locker room and around and about, are finding it hard to talk as much as I used to. Some may think thats a good thing though :D

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by Master of Blades
Its true, even me, the king of pointless discussions in the locker room and around and about, are finding it hard to talk as much as I used to. Some may think thats a good thing though :D

Are you trying to tell me that you're going to pipe down from now on MOB??? What's up with that??? If so, I quit... :shrug:

Latest Discussions