MA Motivational Posters (Win $25)

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
I did this a while back on Kenpo Talk and it was a lot of fun so I figured why not do it here!?! :)

This is a contest to create a "poster" with a martial arts theme using the concept of the "motivational" poster.

The "poster" must be an orginal creation and not the work of anyone other than the person posting it.

Once we reach the deadline for submissions, another thread will be started with a poll allowing forum members to vote on their favorite.

Once a winner is determined, I will send you a $25 Visa Gift Card (that means you'll have to be willing to PM me your mailing address.)

The "posters" can not violate any of the forum rules, of course.

The "posters" must be martial arts related in order to qualify. If there is doubt that a "poster" qualifies, I will seek the advice of admins but my decision is final (my money, my rules :p)

The deadline for submissions will be 11:59PM Eastern 9/24/09. Voting will begin 9/25/09.

Good Luck!

Below is an example of what I'm looking for:

Attachments

• $KTContest1-CC.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 285
OP
celtic_crippler

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
*bump....

Slow thread...

...you guys're no fun

...can't even get ya to play for $25?

...and I thought martial artists were creative.

OP
celtic_crippler

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's funny. Not groin grabbingly funny. A foot in the groin would have improved it's humor.

Funny you mention that, that pic captures a moment in time between a foot in my groin and a fist in my jaw. LOL

But hey! Mine's just an example and not a contest entry so why don't you create one that you think is groin grabbingly funny and enter it into the contest. :)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I missed this when you posted it up yesterday!

Lemme see if I can put something together over the next few days. I wanna play! :D

OP
celtic_crippler

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score

Attachments

• $KTContest2-BigDon.jpg
    $KTContest2-BigDon.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 252

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ok then c_c since nobody is playing with you here is one from me fresh out of the photoshop it is only what yous are all thinking here you people mocking such a lethal art as mine haha.. You like how I have overlaid her hand on the letter I, eh?And my drop caps too, eh? Worth the points, yes?? haha..

3862691582_fdbdc3128f_o.jpg

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
OK I am getting the hang of it now.. how is this with the border too ahh?? None of these things are true you know! Aikidoka are d3adl33 haha.. hope u like, Janna xoxo

3862769312_7c1206bc47_o.jpg

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Dang! Can't work on this at my work computer. Will have to arm wrestle my kids and husband for the Mac later.

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Here's mine from my 1st dan test:

motivator1566804.jpg

Breaking set my gout going and then i couldnl;t break with that foot anymore. Only picture that anyone got, of course, was this one.

Peace,
Erik

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Kenpo

Traditionally, female students wear the knot of the belt on right side, male students wear the knot of a belt on left side - this is taken from the Chinese systems where the same system is used. In these systems, this was a way of showing respect to the instructor (who wore the belt with the knot located in the center / middle). Some studios do not follow this code and all students position their belt knots in the center, as do instructors.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Kenpo

Traditionally, female students wear the knot of the belt on right side, male students wear the knot of a belt on left side - this is taken from the Chinese systems where the same system is used. In these systems, this was a way of showing respect to the instructor (who wore the belt with the knot located in the center / middle). Some studios do not follow this code and all students position their belt knots in the center, as do instructors.

In Modern Arnis if you are right handed the knot is on the right side and if you are left handed it is on the left side.

Why?

So the knot does not interfere with your weapon (* machete or stick or ... *) and you ability to pull it.

Black belts can wear it in the middle to show they have trained for both sides.

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I enjoy the FMA a lot. None of my instructors gave a belt rank for FMA. You quickly found someone's skill level when you crossed sticks, knives, or hands. Thanks for the tidbit on Modern Arnis.

The comment I made was so others would know why the brown belt in the Kenpo poster wore his belt to the side.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I enjoy the FMA a lot. None of my instructors gave a belt rank for FMA. You quickly found someone's skill level when you crossed sticks, knives, or hands. Thanks for the tidbit on Modern Arnis.

The comment I made was so others would know why the brown belt in the Kenpo poster wore his belt to the side.

Hawke,

I was not challenging you comment, just adding to it. :)

And yes I train and also like the non belt programs, that are based upon play. :D

Latest Discussions