When Trash Talk Goes Too Far

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
She went waaayyyy too far. It's sad that trash talk is the norm. What ever happened to showing mutual respect?

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Rousey plans to make Correia pay after tasteless suicide comment

Oh no... this is among the most tasteless, classless things I've ever heard.
It's likely she got it from her book, and knew what she was saying-making it even worse.....what she doesn't realize is that Rousey was already actually pissed sat her about beating up her housemates, and saying that she "paid for friends," and didn't really have any......her dad's suicide though?

Part of what makes her crazy........"suicide trash talk?" Not such a good idea....

If she was already planning to disrespect this gal before, it's really gonna be ugly, now......

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yawn. It is the fight game. smack talk to get the fight, smack talk and pushing at weigh ins. All designed to promote sales and get under the opponents skin and in their head. Class is hardly something these types of events promote.

Regards
Brian King

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Yawn. It is the fight game. smack talk to get the fight, smack talk and pushing at weigh ins. All designed to promote sales and get under the opponents skin and in their head. Class is hardly something these types of events promote.

Regards
Brian King
Wow, Brian. Pretty judgy.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score

Regards
Brian King

Yeah, and she even tried to make a lame apology and plead ignorance.....
....too late. :rolleyes:

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Go ahead, really piss her off in a personal way. Good luck with that plan.

As for trash talk, it's an art all unto it's own. And that ain't sure as heck ain't it.

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very tasteless.

Some of the chest thumping in UFC is going the path of WWE imo.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
By the way I am pretty sure ronda was really going to fight her regardless.

If you wanted hate there is an Australian fighter that at least one guy hates so much he wants him bare knuckle no holds barred.

I will see if I can find it.

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Wow, Brian. Pretty judgy.
I think that you misjudge me Steve. If I go the 5th and see a show, I might admire the 'villain's' acting/singing skill, but, I do not think badly of the actor playing the part. They may or may not be a saint, they may or may not be an evil sob in real life. Doesn't effect what I think of the play or the actors part in it. Professional sports are theater. I chose not to put too much emotional energy into that sort of drama. My opinion, balls deflated...who cares, this fighter "has been juicing and still is", so I will show him talk...who cares. Some, I realize put a lot of energy, time, and emotions into their sport distractions. If it works for them...great. No big deal as long as it does not negatively effect their family life, health, or career. That professional sports attract so many that indeed lack class is hardly news or the realm of a particular sport. It just is the nature of the game.

Brian

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
By the way I am pretty sure ronda was really going to fight her regardless.

Yeah, but like I try to keep telling people, Ronda's a little cray-cray.......
rolling.gif

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I think that you misjudge me Steve. If I go the 5th and see a show, I might admire the 'villain's' acting/singing skill, but, I do not think badly of the actor playing the part. They may or may not be a saint, they may or may not be an evil sob in real life. Doesn't effect what I think of the play or the actors part in it. Professional sports are theater. I chose not to put too much emotional energy into that sort of drama. My opinion, balls deflated...who cares, this fighter "has been juicing and still is", so I will show him talk...who cares. Some, I realize put a lot of energy, time, and emotions into their sport distractions. If it works for them...great. No big deal as long as it does not negatively effect their family life, health, or career. That professional sports attract so many that indeed lack class is hardly news or the realm of a particular sport. It just is the nature of the game.

Brian
Who cares? Not you, but I happen to enjoy the theater and don't like it when the athletes cross the line. I appreciate well done trash talk. So, honestly, when you say who cares multiple times, I think you're being kind of judgy. I drink box wine, too. That's how we roll down here in south king county. :)

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
You know what's really funny?

I bet every woman that's fought her has stepped into the Octagon, and their first thought was , Jesus! She's so big!
rolling.gif

I drink box wine, too.

While I know for a fact that there are some better wines coming in boxes than those we think of as "box wine," unless you're camping or something-Good God, man! Please DON'T!!
rolling.gif

Last edited:

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, but like I try to keep telling people, Ronda's a little cray-cray.......
rolling.gif

Yeah but you get fighters who just fight on crazy. Just like you get the ones that fight on hate.

At that level regardless they are going to fight you as hard as they can.

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
You know what's really funny?

I bet every woman that's fought her has stepped into the Octagon, and their first thought was , Jesus! She's so big!
rolling.gif

While I know for a act that there are some better wines coming in boxes than those we think of as "box wine," unless you're camping or something-Good God, man! Please DON'T!!
rolling.gif
Lol. That's how I roll. I can appreciate a good scotch or bourbon, but honestly all wine tastes the same to me. Why spend $8 for a bottle (yes, that's about the range I live in) when I can get a box for $17? :)

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Yeah but you get fighters who just fight on crazy. Just like you get the ones that fight on hate.

At that level regardless they are going to fight you as hard as they can.
Part of what I like about Mighty Mouse. He fights because it's his job. Real pro. Doesn't get into a lot of negativity.

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Part of what I like about Mighty Mouse. He fights because it's his job. Real pro. Doesn't get into a lot of negativity.

Yeah there is a stage where too much emotion becomes detrimental. You see it in a corner team some times when they think yelling is appropriate.

Latest Discussions