When the conspiracy theorists are right...

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
There seems to be some distrust of the government here by some of the posters. That I can understand, and support, however, some of these same people want the same government they don't trust to have even more control over their lives through healthcare, pension and other things. It doesn't seem to make sense that you distrust the government, and then you want it to have more direct control over your life. Curious...

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There seems to be some distrust of the government here by some of the posters. That I can understand, and support, however, some of these same people want the same government they don't trust to have even more control over their lives through healthcare, pension and other things. It doesn't seem to make sense that you distrust the government, and then you want it to have more direct control over your life. Curious...

awe...
you ain't getting it.
as usual.....

Just for the record, the government you want has passed the patriot act which pretty much put government right smack dab in the middle of everybody's lives.....

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
it involved the government lying through its teeth to the public about it for no apparent reason.

I think there are always reasons for governmental departments or other semi-autonomous agencies to lie through their teeth to the public. In some cases such as this, those reasons may not be so apparent to those that dig no further. And to assume, as we do, that those reasons are in our continuing best interest is laughable.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
awe...
you ain't getting it.
as usual.....

Just for the record, the government you want has passed the patriot act which pretty much put government right smack dab in the middle of everybody's lives.....

Actually, he has a point, but it needs to be applied equally to the left in the right. Both sides distrust the government, but they do it in different ways.

The Left is suspicious of the giant murderous military industrial complex and what they need to realize is that same system is going to control their health care. The same system that sprays depleted uranium all over the surface of the earth is going to decide what drugs you are going to take.

NO THANKS.

And the Right is suspicious of the government providing for people's wants and needs. They point to the fact that people can't get care in this quasi-government system and that it all ends up being some giant corporate boondoggle in the end, they scream about our education system, where we have 50% dropout rates and graduates need remedial education to fill out a job application, they howl about how the government's retirement plan for everyone is massively underfunded because all of the money was spent on ******** and that it's going to drive this country bankrupt. Yet, they think that this same system can root out the terrorists and keep us safe?

NO THANKS!

IMO, this thread is hacking at the same tree that the left and the right regularly hack at. The government is charged with finding the terrorists and keeping us safe, so they take away everyone's rights, make it so anyone can be thrown into a torture hole with no due process, virtually strip search everyone who gets on a plane (and soon to come goes just about anywhere public) and convince half retarded people to take dummy bombs because they gotta look like they can actually catch a terrorist.

SAME SAME AND NO THANKS!

:soapbox:

Alright, I'm done hyperventilating and ranting. This makes me so mad...I gotta preach!

Latest Discussions