When an adult took a standardized test...

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gathering information is so much different than it used to be.

I used to spend hours thumbing through an encyclopedia, just for fun. Looking for one thing getting sidetracked by other stuff.....

Yep that and dictionaries! It started by looking up the 'rude' words and as you say getting sidetracked.

I think first of all you have to make sure children can read, actually read the words and know what you mean before you attempt asking questions about what they read. Lack of reading skills is so bad that the MOD set up a foundation college for young soldiers to go to before they actually went into their infantry training. the main problem is that succesive governments have interfered in how reading is taught, various systems have been tried and parents discouraged from teaching their children to read ...it's a job for professionals...they are told. I could read at four before I started school, most people my age were the same. Successive governments have also downgraded teaching and shortened the courses needed to beome a teacher while asking for a degree in something -anything. Too many graduates have gone into teaching because they couldn't get any other job. Teaching used to be a vocation as well as a profession now it's just a job.

Is there anywhere that shows these tests?

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am watching that TED lecture now, Maka. Very thought-provoking stuff :nods:. I particularly loved the phrase, "when children have interest then education happens".

EDIT: Finished watching the whole thing - astounding!

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It blew my mind. This pretty much shows that we are problem. Kids learn despite what we do.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Latest Discussions