Whats your carry knife and how do you carry it?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So instead you would prefer Police officers that enforce laws as they see fit and not as passed by democratically elected Legislatures and/or interpreted by an independent Judiciary?

That is a DANGEROUS road to go down because what laws to enforce and when is a recipie for abuse. I can't speak for the UK as you note specifically but the way you address your fear of being arrested for violating a law is via organizations like this Knife Rights - Home which have gotten knife laws changed at the State level to include laws forbidding individual Municipalities passing laws that contradict State Law.

That poster hasn't been here for five years now, he gave the impression that he was being oppressed but I doubt it very much. I also doubt he was in the UK to be honest but there you go. These days we have bigger things to worry about than knife or cannabis laws, trust me we really aren't that bothered.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So instead you would prefer Police officers that enforce laws as they see fit and not as passed by democratically elected Legislatures and/or interpreted by an independent Judiciary?

That is a DANGEROUS road to go down because what laws to enforce and when is a recipie for abuse. I can't speak for the UK as you note specifically but the way you address your fear of being arrested for violating a law is via organizations like this Knife Rights - Home which have gotten knife laws changed at the State level to include laws forbidding individual Municipalities passing laws that contradict State Law.

Yeah. Common sense and empathy should be part of police work. Or mabye not. It is definitely part of security work. Where you do consider whether enforcing the rules will hurt everyone and just make you look like an AHole.

I had to decide whether i was going to physical a down syndrome kid for breaking stuff.

Nobody was going to win from that.

BLACK

White Belt
Reaction score
California is strictly fixed blade in a sheath visible on the belt....which is funny, to me....View attachment 19981
It only has to be "worn in plain site" and since concealment means not seen or not visible, it is very hard to prove you intended to conceal something if it is hanging on your back or strapped outside of your pants on the ankle or what have you... but mileage varies from county to county.
In my experience it only has to be visible from one side unlike the long gone open carry laws which required the gun to be visible from 3 sides.

BLACK

White Belt
Reaction score
Wait you can,t carry a Swiss army knife?
In CA, A folding knife of any kind can be concealed depending on the county...some restrict length like LA county and some don't like San Diego. The only thing that can get you jammed up here with folders is that it needs to be biased towards staying closed or it can be considered a switch blade. Spring assist does not apply because of its biased towards staying locked but a knife where the blade screw has been loosened so you can open it with the flick of the wrist could be considered by law enforcement to be a switchblade.
Now is Mexico(yeah I know, who cares right) all knives are illegal but you can carry a multi tool in a pouch on the belt.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
In CA, A folding knife of any kind can be concealed depending on the county...some restrict length like LA county and some don't like San Diego. The only thing that can get you jammed up here with folders is that it needs to be biased towards staying closed or it can be considered a switch blade. Spring assist does not apply because of its biased towards staying locked but a knife where the blade screw has been loosened so you can open it with the flick of the wrist could be considered by law enforcement to be a switchblade.
Now is Mexico(yeah I know, who cares right) all knives are illegal but you can carry a multi tool in a pouch on the belt.

I think you're confusing switchblade (which is commonly defined as a folding knife that opens automatically when a button is pushed) and a gravity knife.

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Odd. Pretty sure that under Texas law, that knife is illegal to carry, for several reasons:

The blade may or may not be greater than five and a half inches in length-this would make it illegal to carry.

The double finger-guards, and (false) double edge make this a stabbing weapon, or dagger-also illegal to carry, though this is largely discretionary on the officer's part.

Texas Knife Laws

So? I dont carry in Texas.... I have stated on a number of occasions, I live in Oregon.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
So? I dont carry in Texas.... I have stated on a number of occasions, I live in Oregon.
Odd.
Three years later and you woke me up for this?
rolling.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: pdg

Latest Discussions