Where do you carry your back up knife and why?

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
For routine, day-to-day function, I agree. Depending on work tasks, I carry a gun, lots of ammo, a multi-tool, and a knife. And a baton, and pepper spray, and maybe even a Taser. All this with body armor, radio, phones, and still more stuff. (I weighed the stuff I carried in patrol, and it averaged 30 lbs.)

Ye gawds. Do they also issue you an insulated Camelbak full of ice water to treat you for the inevitable heat exhaustion? I see why foot patrol is dying out.

ackks10

Purple Belt
Reaction score
the last time i saw it , it was in my tackle box :idunno: (i think)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
the last time i saw it , it was in my tackle box :idunno: (i think)

Great place for it... when you're out on the lake and you hear that ominous music of duh-duh-dum-duh-dum and you see a fin on the water... :jaws:

ackks10

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Great place for it... when you're out on the lake and you hear that ominous music of duh-duh-dum-duh-dum and you see a fin on the water... :jaws:

:jaw-dropping: i better look out,, LOL

cbjr5

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Alot of good advise given to you on this matter. I carry one knife, because I do carry one knife, it is on my strong side. I figure if I have to use, I'm going to use it in my strong hand. If you ended up carrying two knives, one on your weak side, make sure you place it wear you can get to it easily and do your best to be profient in getting it and using it.