Whats up?

DergaSmash

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I thought I'd say hi as I am brand new here. I've been training off and on in the martial arts since I was 7. I have studied several but I have spent the most time training in Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut, and Bok Mei.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your service, George. Welcome to MT, it is a great place to hang and learn. Enjoy.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome! I always enjoyed reading about those arts but have never studied anything closer than Wing Chun.

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey, Hows it going?

Welcome to MT! I trained a little Hung Kuen & Bak Mei in the past as well, great systems! Unfortunately never had the opportunity to train any CLF however. Enjoy :ultracool

OP
DergaSmash

DergaSmash

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes!

I had trained in Shotokan Karate during junior and senior high but my family moved. I did Tae Kwon Do as a kid but I don't like that most of the schools were sport based. So I thought I would try something new. I checked out a Tai Chi school and it was cool. But way too relaxed. I understand the internal aspect but I wanted something with both. I found what would be my kwoon by accident. After the first class I was hooked and ended up training there for several years before I enlisted in the Army. I practice whenever I can but it seems I have lost a lot. And there is no school of any kind near me. I can't wait to go back though.

bowser666

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello there. Welcome to MT. I would love to hear some more about Bok Mei. Is that what is referred to as White Eyebrow Kung Fu ?

OP
DergaSmash

DergaSmash

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks

CLFSean- Fort Polk is in Louisiana.

Bowser666- Yes Bok Mei is known as White Eyebrow.

Latest Discussions